I feel empty

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Anonymous00, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

I keep doing things again and again and again but I dont feel any form of pleasure. Ive lost interest in everything. Im just repeating everything on and on it makes no sense to me. I have no motivation at all. I dont get why Im still alive.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are still alive because you are still here fighting this. Are you seeing someone about how you feel? What's going on in your life? I hope things pick up for you soon (hugs)
  3. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I have no other outlet other than this site. I haven't had any professional help outside my school and the ones inside aren't really helping me. People around me know my circumstances, sure, but none of them are able to comfort me when I'm not okay which is basically all the time. I've been stressed with school and bombarded with school activities, I've also not been able to be alone for awhile and this drives me crazy because I am extremely introverted. I can't find any enjoyment in the activities I used to like doing and I also can't find any motivation to do my responsibilities. I've deactivated my social media accounts because every little thing I see and read triggers me. I haven't been able to recover from last night and my heartbeat is still irregular and my hands are still trembling. I'm sorry for the long post I'm just so helpless right now..
  4. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

unfortunately I must welcome you to the world of anhedonia. Its the inability to feel pleasure. dont worry it is NOT permanent. it is common amongst people with depression or who are in a rut. Try doing something different. try to volunteer or do random acts of kidness to strangers. helping others can be very rewarding. go for a walk in the park if the weather permits, watch a thunderstorm with a cup of tea or coffee (i actually enjoy this) do something different instead of doing the same thing again and again and again. such a repetitive lifestyle can be boring and can bring you down. do something different and change up your routine.