I feel extremely worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been through just about every emotion from depressed, spented, to hopeful. I did everything that my doctor (psychiatrist) has suggested and even forced to help with the depression. I never accepted that I was depressed. I felt that I was just done. Treatement had failed and I didn't have anything else to spare. I stopped asking for help. Everything always ended in disappointment. I feel like a fool. I could have saved a lot of money and time that was spent on me. I caused so much trouble. My family was crushed when I was admitted into the hospital for suicide attempt. Now I don't tell anyone about suicial thoughts. Being ill is horrible, but I think it's the pain of knowing that these thoughts don't just go away. I have to deal with this everday. How do others deal with this unhappiness?

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
I'm sorry to hear that the treatment failed :sad: are you now receiving no help at all?
Depression treatment can take a while, because getting the right meds, the right therapist can be an uphill struggle. Please do go back to your doctor, you need to be brutally honest with at least one person (especially if you are now hiding how you feel from friends and family).
It is a debilitating illness and you need support and someone to talk to.

Personally I deal with unhappiness by throwing myself into something I love doing..I end up losing hours of the day at the piano:smile:

I am sorry to hear that treatments as of yet haven't worked for you. I wouldn't give up on them though. As Terry mentioned, the right combination of meds and therapy are not always easy to find. If you have stopped everything I would suggest you try again. You do need someone to talk with about how you feel. I also spend hours with my music when I am feeling down. If you find something to help pass the time that you enjoy doing. Please stay safe and take care. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00