i feel fat because of my bmi

my mom kept on fat shaming me today, then made me step on a scale. right now im 5"4 and 146 lbs, but i might have extra muscle because i play a lot of sports. but then my bmi said i was overweight, then my mom yelled at me for being "big". now its in the middle of the night and its coming back to me. i keep thinking that the bmi is true, and that i need to be skinnier. what if its not muscle? what if its just because im fat? ive fasted for 4 days, and im still overweight. i dont wanna fast anymore, im hungry, i cant do anything and im tired all the time, i feel weak and fatigued. im never gonna change and im always not gonna be good enough. i just want to be skinny and have my mom accept me. why do i have to be heavy? my arms look big and there are always bumpy shadows around my knees. i probably am just fat.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
You know, sometimes parents don't really know what's best for us. I'm sorry that yours has done this to you. This is the kind of thing that will probably stick with you for many years so handling it now is the better way to go. Do you have a good relationship with her other than this?

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @lorrie._.
I know how it feels to feel fat coz' of bmi, or just fat in general.
I also know that BMI means nothing, because when I was underweight and looking really gaunt, according to my BMI I was overweight...
my mom kept on fat shaming me today, then made me step on a scale
I'm sorry this happened to you :(
i might have extra muscle because i play a lot of sports. but then my bmi said i was overweight,
This is probably so. I know that people who play sports and have eating issues struggle with this, that their BMI is overweight because of muscle weight.
ive fasted for 4 days, and im still overweight. i dont wanna fast anymore, im hungry, i cant do anything and im tired all the time, i feel weak and fatigued.
Fasting makes you dizzy. Nowadays if I don't eat for just a day I'm super dizzy and weak and fatigued.
I don't have to fast... fasting doesn't actually make you lose weight.

Something you need to be aware of also is that people caring about weight can often see themselves in ways others don't see them.
What do you do during the day? Are you at school?

Sending hugs your way.....
You're worth it and special and can do amazing things.. no matter what anyone else may tell you

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@lorrie._.

The best person to discuss with your concerns is the doctor. The BMI thing is so bogus as it doesnt take many things in consideration. My BMI on scale is rarely the same. I dont pay attention to it at all.

Sorry that its coming from someone who should be in your corner cheering you on. Hugs there

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hiya, you have been given great advice here. Be who YOU want to be, not who someone else wants you to be.

You deserve better. I am overweight and i get the fat shaming so often now that im used to it, i learned not to let it bother me.

Avoiding her does seem for the best for the moment and get yourself well and enjoy each and every day :)

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
its just that whenever i eat normally i feel guilty after
I get that. I often feel guilty after eating. I've learned though that I'm allowed to feel guilty and I don't have to do anything about it. I'm allowed to and should eat, both healthy food and even junk food, and it's okay. The feelings and thoughts don't have to be more than just that -feelings and thoughts.
(((hugs)))

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00