I feel helpless and holess - broken hearted in so many ways

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by username60077, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. username60077

username60077 New Member

I moved across the country, leaving a good job with a promotion, to be with my partner. I went back to school, as well (but am in the middle of ... not wanting to do this program anymore). Well, two and a half years later, I am dumped. I was just getting over a very tough first semester, feeling ready to reconnect and rededicate myself to my partner, when he drops this bombshell on me that he hasn't felt excited in a while to be my partner. He just got his dream job (teaching adult education), moved into a living situation (loft) without a lot of privacy (and 7 roommates), and won't try to work anything out together.

We had never had a serious fight before, and thus have never tried to repair anything. I just wish we could have another chance to try and work things out. I feel horribly abandoned, like he left just when it was most convenient to him. It's just so difficult for me to see living without him. He meant hope to me, and now it's gone.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  2. username60077

username60077 New Member

As I read this, I know it looks very pathetic. I mean, why is it so hard for me to cope? I was honestly doing great before this breakup happened. I have loving friends, but it feels so impossible to think of a life without M. I can't stand the thought of it. It hurts so much, and I don't want to go one without him.
  3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I think it's not pathetic at all - you've gone through a traumatic event. That may well bring home other demons to roost so to speak.

I think it may be time to call in a listener from one or more of those loving friends you spoke about - they're great things to have at low times!

Here if you wanna talk,
  4. Ronny

Ronny Banned Member

I agree with Limbo, your post is not pathetic in the slightest. As hard as things are on you try and surround yourself with your best friends and make sure they give you lots of hugs! Maybe a chick flick might help? Anything to focus your mind on something else!

.... and hey you never know he might take you back once he realises what he has lost! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.