I feel hopeless

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by fatloser, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatloser

fatloser Banned Member

I got into some legal trouble because of weed, and now have a felony on my record. I have since quit smoking weed, it's been a little under a month. I will begin going to drug counseling, which is court ordered, and in my opinion a complete waste of time, because it's weed and i'm not a drug addict. The only reason I got a felony was because I had edibles on me, and they used the full weight of the edibles, rather then the content which was on the labels. If I could have been able to afford a better lawyer, I might have had a better chance, which is a typical story of the US legal system.

But I am scared about my job prospects in the future. I want to go back to school, but don't really have the money to do it. I am just in a tough spot, and I don't know how things will get any better. I think about suicide from time to time, and for some reason it feels like a way out. But I am also very afraid of death, and don't think I could ever go through with it.

I hate the fact that even if you pay your debt to society, people still continue to judge you and hold you back. I am so sick of judgmental people in this country, who usually have more to hide then I do, but because they have money, it's ok. I just wish I could hear stories of people who are in a similar situation as me, who were able to overcome it and become successful. Because if all I have is a life of turmoil to look forward to, I might as well end it before having to go through that shit.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There are many hun that have conquered their drug addictions that have move on and bettered their lives hun Hopefully with help you too can change path you were on to a better one now. If people see you have changed hun they won't judge hugs
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am glad you are here. Sorry that you are in this legal situation. I dont really know what edibles are. I smoked a lot of pot when I was young. So did my brothers and many friends. It was everywhere when iI was growing up. I have not had any for many decades. But I an pretty old.

Yes, it is true that the legal system is messed up here. So many of the real criminals who have money go free. While people who have court appointed attorneys often do not get appropriate and adequate representation. So the system is often not fair because of that.

Sometimes the best way to get a job if you have a record is to volunteer. That way people get to know you. They see that you are a good responsible person. I dont know if you are in a position to volunteer. But its an idea. Also volunteering is a great way to get a good letter of recommendation. This verdict is not the end of your opportunities in life.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  4. fatloser

fatloser Banned Member

I don't have a drug addiction, it was pot, not crack or meth. Like I said, I have quit smoking weed, and really don't miss it. My only problem is a judgmental world that would rather judge someone, then accept the fact that people make mistakes.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

people here are very kind and caring. I have never met anyone here who judges. So this should be a safe caring place for you. wishing you best
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.