I feel i can't

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by princessofelegance, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

I don't think it's worth it.... Worth feeling better, constatly being told what things I need to change in order to "get better"!
    I dont understand it. And i need all the critising to stop. Im frightened of myself as it is. And I need all those close to me to stop telling me what
    I do wrong.
    I can't cope with, Your doing this wrong, that wrong, maybe change this, maybe change that.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH help help help!!!

2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

That is the conundrum of getting help though. You have to be told what you are doing wrong in order to make it right. I do believe that people could praise what I am already doing right more. That is one problem that I have with people. They brush off the right an punish the wrong.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The only person hun you should be listening to is your doctor or therapist Family mean well hun but they do not have any knowledge really on how to help you
    Just listen to one person ok and tell the rest that you are going to follow what your doctor says only hugs

4. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

I agree with eclipse! Your doctor, therapists and other professionals in your life are the ones you need to listen to!

If all you recieve is negativity from your loved ones then thats all you will feel is negative. You can still love your loved ones, but doing it afar may be a better choice. Its easier to limit conversations with them this way.

Keep talking and reaching out to those that you know who will support you! If they bring you down then move on.

YOU CAN DO THIS! Many people have done it before you and will continue to so can YOU!

Take good care of you!

5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

All I'll say is, you are your priorty number 1, everyone else comes after that. If they have only got criticising to do, they aren't worth listening to. Harsh as it sounds, even if they are family they should be treated the same way as others.

Always open for a PM (then again you can talk to me in other ways as well, if you need to).

G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.