I feel like a bouncy ball...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ignored, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

... See my support worker. Oh dear, you're in a terrible mess but hey ho, I'll speak to your Social Worker. She'll sort you out.

... my SW comes round to see me. Oh dear you're in a terrible mess but hey ho, you're seeing your psychiatrist and she'll fix you.

... I see my gp, who says hey ho, you're in a terrible mess. Have you seen your psychologist...(yes)... well, he'll fix you.

... see my psychiatrist, who says well medication is not the answer. Your psychologist will fix you.

... see my psychologist. All he is interested in is how feel when I drive my car. Or what happened when I was 3.

Passed from pillar to post.... someone will fix me so long as it's not them. And I know only I can fix me, but when I'm in this state and I NEED HELP I would very much like not to be bounced around between bloody professionals who DO F*CK ALL!!! :pokeball:
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hmmph! *passes you down into devon to ellie* i hope you are ok (ok - obviously you arent or else you wouldnt have written)... but if you ever want to talk :shy: sometimes even if only you can fix yourself a friend with an ear doesnt go astray :hugtackles:
  3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Thanks. :hug:
  4. bringer of light

bringer of light Well-Known Member

Well for a start. A psychiatrist can not fix you. Neither can a psychologist. Recent advances in medicine give some the false impression that when you take a pill you will be fixed just like a car with a broken exhaust.

We are very complex organisms and luckily we have the ability to fix ourselves. Personally I find anger helps me overcome being in a depressed state. But maybe it is different for others.

Ask yourself how you would feel as a ghost, hovering watching others get all the fame and glory while no one even visits your graveyard. Getting my point and getting angry? Thats good, its the first step to recovery as some idiots like to call it.
  5. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Actually, that feels like a very attractive proposition tbh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.