I feel like a child.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregstered776689263, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Im in my twenties but feel like a 10 year old. I constantly need to be looked after and reassured.Im highly sensitive too.
    When am I going to grow out of this?
  2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

maybe when you want to. I know about feeling a certain way about something, but act differently when those moments come about.

I'd say, try not to be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you're being more aware about who you are. Maybe a good thing to do is look at what you consider to be hindering you as an individual capable of sustaining yourself. Like looking after yourself. Try looking for the specifics of what others do for you that makes you feel that way, and slowly start taking charge of it yourself if you know what I mean. Start small if you intend on doing this, let yourself adjust and grow so to say. The way you think now will grow in itself the more control and freedom you give yourself and your life, try and let your views and awarness grow with it.

I donno if that helps, but at the least, you can talk about it here with us and I hope, not feel judged.
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I have the exact same problem. I wish i could give you answers but i don't know myself.

PM me if you wanna talk :hug:
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I act like a child alot. Some people have said to me it's a reflection of the fact that i never got a childhood, i had to grow up fast to deal with my mother, and that now i'm in a slightly more stable environment, i'm regressing to acting like a child because i've never been able to before. I don't know if i agree with that or not, although it does make sense. But i do think that the only way to stop acting like one is to realise that you're a grown up now, and that you can't act like a child anymore, you have certain responsibilities. But you can always come here and talk about this with us, we won't judge, and i can certainly relate to how you feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.