I feel like Atlas...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DarthBrett, Oct 2, 2016.

1. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Lone warrior against his demons

I feel like Atlas with the weight of the world on my shoulders, I wish it would just crush me already. I keep stepping forward but don't know how many more steps I can take. I feel empty and consumed by anxiety and sadness. I don't know what to do anymore...

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Do you have a doctor or counsellor.

3. DarthBrett

I have both, started with a councillor about a month ago. Doesn't seem to be helping yet but I've been told to be patient. I'm finding I'm having a difficult time carrying on...

4. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I'm sorry it's so difficult, I've been there, I know. It did take a long time for me to feel better. Please just keep going, keep talking. My two dogs kept me going during the worst times, I imagined their confusion if I was gone, always looking for me, wondering why I left them...it helped me. Do you have someone you can keep in mind to help you keep going?

Thauoy and DarthBrett like this.
  5. DarthBrett

Yes I do, my kids and my dog are the reason I've made it this far, it's been years since I've lived for myself.

Frances M likes this.
  6. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi DarthBrett, I am Mox

Maybe you could share with us, your burden. What is causing you to feel this way? Let us help you, but you have to open up first and let us in. You are not alone , you are with friends. Share your burden with us. You will not be judged. You will not be ridiculed. That behavior is not tolerated here, here you are safe. If you get really bored you can read my story below in green. I wrote that on my first night here, threw my tears. I know you are hurting, let us help. Tell us about your kids , tell us about your dogs. You are with friends.

Take Care

Thauoy likes this.
  7. DarthBrett

I posted my story on a new thread in "MyStory" titled how I ended up here. I tried to link it to my profile but could t figure out how.

8. BarryW

BarryW Well-Known Member

DarthBrett, I read over your story. Thank you for sharing that with us. It sounds like music helped you find peace in the past; do you still take time to listen these days? I imagine you are busy with work and family but even just a 15 minutes a day session of listening to music with your eyes closed and deep breathing might help you relax.

If I read correctly, you believe that your wife should be able to help you more. I think this is a sign of hope that you see a way for your situation to improve -- even if you feel it's out of your control. Obviously I don't know what you have discussed with her in the past, but if you have not been frank enough, maybe try opening up a little bit more as to how 'out of it' you are feeling and how you have faith that she has the power to help you. Hopefully this could inspire her to be better emotional support or financial support. Perhaps you could even find some job leads that she might be interested in, based on her skill set or hobbies. If you were hoping she would find a full time job, but she is against that, maybe try pushing for a part time one instead as compromise.