I Feel Like Giving Up

Sometimes I wonder if escaping my abusive family was a good idea. I managed to pay rent for this month but I'm still struggling to get by.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Sometimes I wonder if escaping my abusive family was a good idea. I managed to pay rent for this month but I'm still struggling to get by.
Hi @Mysticrose. Have you gone to social services? Hopefully another round of stimulus checks should be coming soon too. And yes, I think it's worth leaving abusers. Please PM me anytime. I've been there.

snowraven

Escaping abuse of any kind is always a good idea. It may not solve all your problems but to stop the abuse happening is a great step forward. Best wishes

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You escaped an abusive toxic life, I think that is an amazing thing to have done. You have every reason to be proud of yourself. Are you happier? I bet you are and glad you made the decision you did. I hope this month is going well for you. Check in with us, okay? *hug

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Hi, I'm Autumn. On this site I am. In real-life my name is Mike. I feel like giving up all the time because...of a lot of things. I've had no contact with my family for over five years, and I know I'm better for it because all they ever did was hurt me. We are always better of getting out of abusive situations. I know I did the right because of the sadness I've felt over having nothing to be sad about when a member of my family has died. I've never wished bad things to happen to any of them, I've never celebrated the death of a family member, but I've never been sad. The only sadness was that I had nothing to be sad about. There was nothing to be sad about because all they ever did was hurt me. Can you relate to this kind of sadness?

I hope you're doing better today.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00