I feel like I can't Do It Anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nose_Bleed, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nose_Bleed

Nose_Bleed New Member

Im 17 years old.

My grades are horrible in High School.

I rarely have any firends.

When High School started,my friends turned to drugs.

I don't know what I want to do after High School.

My teachers are out to get me.

Its like everyone at my school has a joke about me.

Im very fed up with the way things are going.

I always feel depressed.

This depression hits me hard at some point of my day. It is almost everyday when I feel like this.I don't feel like my old self,Im never as happy as I use to be.I have no self confidence.Im just tired of going to school,and having fake people in my face acting like they are my friends.

Please someone respond to this.
  2. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

My high school experience was similar, save the part with buddies switching to drugs. The people I hung out with in school were outsiders, not geeks persay but none of us were with that "in" crowd. My GPA was pretty awful, I remember scoring 7% on a final math exam. I'll tell you something though, if I could change anything about what I did in high school it would have been how I spent my time. I would have focused on my work more than anything else. I know, typical right? But two things I remember clearly were our final assembly in the hall on our final day of high school, some people cried etc, then we went home.

You know what the other one was? The next morning. I woke up and the thought hit me: "So what do I do now?" I managed to scrape my way into the local college, by scrape I mean it was incredibly borderline, if I hadn't gotten in I probably would have committed suicide. Some friends started working, I saw this guy that used to push me around in middle school working as one of those guys that fill your gas tank. Some friends went overseas for college.

I can't stress enough how important those last few years are, try to make them count. It may seem pretty hopeless now but try improving schoolwork as best you can, don't worry about the people there, what they have to say about you, don't worry about your deadbeat teachers. No one is going to care about any of this in the future, what will matter is what you did with your time and what you have to show for it. Imagine if you were to get a bachelor's in something and a decent job, you could buy things, take care of yourself, pay for things to improve your life and yourself. You could pay for dates with that lady you worked up the courage to ask out at the office or met during lunch or something, have a great relationship and spend your time the way you want to.

You still have time, don't let it slip by. The only time you truly fail is when you give up and stop trying. Show everyone that you're going to do something with your life and see how fast that ridicule changes to respect, especially when it's time to collect and they see the same people they made fun of employed and making good money while they sponge off friends and family, scraping pennies and nickels.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You say your friends turned to drugs, but I don't see you included in that sentence. Congratulations for being an individual. Not having to do the same as everyone else. Being able to stick to your ethics and morals. An incredible feat for someone your age. You probably won't believe me but trust me, I've been where you are now, (albeit almost 30 some years ago) but you are paving the pathway to becoming an incredibly strong individual. It hurts right now and I'm sorry that you are going through all this. Have you been to a doctor or therapist? You need to let a professional know what is going on inside you. They can help you overcome or atleast manage these feelings and experiences you are having. Try joining a support group for people suffering depression. You can make some wonderful new friends that really understand you and will be there for you when you really need a friend. And keep posting here. There are tons of caring people here that can really give you some good advice and insight. Sorry this is so long. Just wanted to let you know there is help. You sound like a wonderful, strong person with a promising future. Good luck.
  4. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

I'm feeling the exact same way at the moment. I've had enough of school too and my teachers pretty much hate me too. My parents now hate me because I never go anymore and I'm in the process of leaving. I don't have much self-confidence either.
    Grades aren't everything you know, you can get into a college or get some form of training without "excellent" grades. The only exception my story has to yours is that my friends are the only thing that's keeping me in school. They're awesome. Other than that, I hate the place and I pretty much want out of life at the moment. I've had enough and I feel like I can't do it anymore either.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.