I feel like im a peice of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostboy

I'm almost 23, I moved to a new city for a bit to start a course... In my time up here (which is almost 2 months) I haven't got a job or made any freinds that I can just ring up and hang out with... I'm living off an allowance from my parents, which I think is realy fucking lame. I'm staying with freinds of my parents aswell so I dont have to pay rent or anything... I feel like I'm a coddled little fucker... I thought I'de move to a new city to fend for myself a bit, but I've just gone down the route of least resistance. I should have found a job and a place to live ages ago, now that my course only goes for another 2 months I don't think there is a point... I see how hard others work just to get by, while I just drift through not having to worry about money... I feel like a right peice of shit :sad:

Anyone else in the same boat or got any suggestions?

Eric

Well, I just moved to college and feel the same. The only difference is that I met a guy who comes from the same place that I come from, so we hang out all the time.

Keep your hopes up and look for new people, I'm sure you'll find someone sometime. You shouldn't feel bad about it.

lostboy

Its not so much having someone to hang out with, its just that I dont feel any sense of independence at all (particularly financially) and I see other people, particularly from overseas, slaving there arses off in kitchen jobs etc while studying at the same time. It makes me feel realy guilty :blub:

Eric

Hmmm.

Have you tried applying to any part-time jobs in first place? There has to be a job you can take somewhere.

Esmeralda

Did it for years. Trust me, get out of your comfort zone and go get a job. Since you are fairly well provided for, you can find a job doing something you really enjoy for little money. The feeling of accomplishment alone will change your life and you will make friends with similar interests by default!

lostboy

Yeah I think I'll do that, but seeing as I'm only planning on being in this town for another 2 months till my course has finished, I think I'll concentrate on that until then. But after that I'll starve rather than mooching off my parents

D

Dave_N

Because your course is only 2 months, it doesn't make any sense to find a place of your own. Staying with your parents' friends isn't bad, but it would be better if you could pay them a little something for their trouble. When you move back home, you could always pay them back after finding a job closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00