I feel like Im' just a burden

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Songstress, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Songstress

Songstress Well-Known Member

I can't drive. Driving scares the living daylights out of me. It's one of the things I"m trying get help with when I'm at therapy. The problem is that there are 4 people in my household all of the age that should be able to drive, and only 1 working car. Not only that but my parents work during the day, and my brother works nights. The only day that if I planned something that I could for sure get a ride is on Saturdays.

But this leads to a very big problem, my current therapist doesn't have saturday hours. So no matter what I'm an inconvience to someone. There are no bus lines in my area that could get me to where I need to go. It's something like 3 miles to the closest bus to where I live, and there are no buses in my area that go north south. It's so frustrating. I can't do appointments any later than 5:30 or there's problem with getting my brother the car, but my parents don't get out of work until 5 and they work about a half hour away.

Not only that but it feels like I can't even hold a job because unless I can get a job in the exact same area as my parents or in the places within walking distance I can't get to a job. Which means I can't earn money to pay my bills anymore, and I can't get money to help pay to fix the other car we have that just doesn't run. What the hell am I supposed to do?

2. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

hi and i have to ask if the other members of your household that are of the age to drive feel guilty? do they work? how do they get there? or maybe they at school. to be honest, i dont quite understand why it is your responsibility to get car fixed, your parents are working, if they thought it was priority they would get it fixed. is it not possible for you to get a cycle, or walk to bus stop. you say its about 3 miles..that is walkable, not ideal in winter but no prob in summer and allow you to get some funds together. i walk 5 miles most days so its not impossible. no need to be a burden...you just have to see outside the box. the others in your family must need a ride too..so you have no need to shoulder all the burden. put your boots on and walk! :hug: