I feel like Im shackled down inside of me by anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Angelo_91, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel that? Feel like they just want to break free but the shackles of anxiety within you are just holding you down, but also protecting you like a shell. It's hard what to know what to feel. Ive never been fine with being me at all. Anxiety or should I say fear won't let me change, im stuck in this endless routine unless I decide to get that right stimulus to help me escape the anxiety. I was so close today to just being myself, I hyped it up but the worst part was giving up before even trying because anxiety wanted me to stay and I trusted it again, because it is the only thing I feel secure with. Im safe within anxieties barriers, but it gets quite lonely in here. =\

2. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I feel your pain

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I too can really relate to this. I have a wonderful therapist who is helping me deal with it though. Do you have anyone that is helping you?

4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I used to see a counselor weekly, ...but that ended. Im also in the midst of understand myself without my meds. I am experimenting withdrawal with myself. Ive been pushing my buttons, just for the feel of it. Just for the lively hood of it, when you have reached the bottom of the ocean... it doesn't really matter right?

No I don't really have anyone helping me, just the basic social security. But Ive learned a lot alone.

Life is a game. Literally a game. If you push this button, that will happen. If you push that button, this will happen. And games have there ups, downs and so so. All it takes is learning the tricks of the trade, play the right cards, and having the right ingredients being mixed. Life is a social game, and so the solution is to talk, just talk. Talking/communication is life. If one can understand the unwritten rules of this game then the game be won.

Like love, the main skill is to just talk. Relationship-wise/comfort-wise;(whatever you may want to define it as) if you can understand the functions of a relationship then you can alter things the way you want; it is really hard to explain.

And yes, people get sad here and there. But realize it is anxiety calling you to come back. Anxiety may be the only thing keeping humans alive, but you don't need it 24/7. And like life, controlling anxiety is a game. Push this, receive that.

Don't take this post pessimistically because of its strangeness but it is actually quite optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.