• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I feel like no one likes me

My mother and grandparents are abusive towards me, my little brother who I barely get to see usually hangs out with his cousin and pretends I don't exist, my other family doesn't have any room for me to move in with them and quite frankly haven't been that supportive over the years, if at all. I've had to battle this myself for years ad years. I've had the whole world on my shoulders. Only a handful of people I know haven't treated me like absolute garbage.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
welcome to SF @Chris1047 we are a peer community that cares but never judges. please look around at the different forums and post when you feel comfortable, or we do have a good chat section. i'm sorry that you don't feel you have the support you need from your family. have you talked to them about your situation? please keep talking we are listening, and if you post in the different threads you can make friends here in no time...mike...*hug*shake

Hi @Chris1047. Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you have had to go through what you have. Is there a way you could move out from where you are currently living and live by yourself or with friends? I know this wouldn't be easy, but could this be an option?

I know your brother pretending you don't exist must be very hurtful and frustrating. Whenever I feel down I often have thoughts of "no-one likes me" and I know how much it can be upsetting.

I hope you can feel better soon. In the meantime, you'll always find someone to talk to here. Sending hugs *hug10*sadhug.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
um have you tried reaching to a social worker? or child support services so they can find you a new place to live away from that family?
Profile says they are 22 so I don't think that social worker / child services is going to do this particular person much good. They're too old for that system. Some other services might be helpful though, depending on what country they're in

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hello there, Chris
You don't say specifically but it sounds as though you live with your mother and grandmother, is that so? In what ways are they abusive towards you?
You said you don't feel like you have a lot of familial support from others. You have a little brother, yeah? He sounds like he's dodging being in the house as much as possible by hanging out with the cousin.
Do you work? That would get you out of the house and doing something productive while being away from your family and also earning money to move out of the house.

Hello there, Chris
You don't say specifically but it sounds as though you live with your mother and grandmother, is that so? In what ways are they abusive towards you?
You said you don't feel like you have a lot of familial support from others. You have a little brother, yeah? He sounds like he's dodging being in the house as much as possible by hanging out with the cousin.
Do you work? That would get you out of the house and doing something productive while being away from your family and also earning money to move out of the house.
Mt mom is just a bitch and a bully towards me while my grandparents pretty much stick up for her all the time.

We might be able to help you make a plan to get away from your mom. Is that something that you'd like help with?

It's ok if you just want to talk about what's going on, but we could help in other ways if you'd like.

Ivy100

SF Supporter
My mother and grandparents are abusive towards me, my little brother who I barely get to see usually hangs out with his cousin and pretends I don't exist, my other family doesn't have any room for me to move in with them and quite frankly haven't been that supportive over the years, if at all. I've had to battle this myself for years ad years. I've had the whole world on my shoulders. Only a handful of people I know haven't treated me like absolute garbage.
It sounds so hard. I'm sorry - I feel that way often but your situation is much harder. I have no one left who cares about me but I didn't grow up with abusive family members. I hope you can find some relationships that are warm and affirming. You deserve them, but it is hard right now because we have social restrictions. It will get better - and better for you.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
Profile says they are 22 so I don't think that social worker / child services is going to do this particular person much good. They're too old for that system. Some other services might be helpful though, depending on what country they're in
true, i didn't check their age but you are right plus due to this pandemic it will be hard for them to move out

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00