i feel like such a loser...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by colajunky, Dec 18, 2012.

1. colajunky

colajunky New Member

i just don't have enough strength left in me any more.....

i feel like a complete loser: i'm 29 years old and still living with my parents.
    i'm a smart man and i know i've got potential: i have a degree in engineering and i studied programming
    but for some reason i just cant do well at work: i have a fear of failing and i'm so anxieties at work that i just can't do anything right.
    in all the jobs that i've been working at i've messed things up...
    so i got fired and now, because i have such low confidence in myself and low self esteem, i have to look for a minimum wage job...
    i feel that i can't do anything...
    i'm so scared that i'll be doing that kind of work all my life...i'm so ashamed of myself: everybody i know got a good job and only i
    have nothing....to top that: what woman would be with a man who can't provide money for a family?

i'm so ashamed of myself and tired and depressed...i just don't know what to do...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

A woman that love you and not money hun You are who you are hun You are intelligent you are just anxious and perhaps if you went to your doctor and got help for your anxiety then you would be able to function at a higher level hun Don't be ashamed of you you are hun ok You depression hun get it treated too ok You are young you are hun and things change so quickly so don't give up on you ok hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You aren't a loser...I don't feel that confident myself because I don't have a job right now, but money doesn't mean everything. Don't compare yourself to other people, just go at your own pace and do things in your own time. Do things because you enjoy them, not because you feel you have to measure up to everyone else.
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

My oldest son is 30 and he lives at home with us. He is far from being a loser. I actually asked him to move into the house (he had his own apartment for a short time) so that he could help out - not financially, but more just by being here, doing a few chores, watching the house when we're away, etc. He doesn't have a degree in anything. He started out busing tables at a pizza place when he was in high school and he worked hard and stuck to it and now he is General Manager over 4 different locations and he makes a good living. He does not have a girlfriend and is single. He is not ashamed, though I'm sure he would like to find someone. The things you stated are not things to be ashamed of. Take what you have and work with it. Be a potter who is given a lump of clay and mold it into something useful. You don't have to be "all that" to be happy in life. Find happiness in the things you do and in the way you treat other people. I am extremely proud of my oldest boy; he is an honest, hard working, and very morally and caring person.
  5. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Well you have a degree in engineering and have studied programming which means youre not a loser- that is an achievement and you have skills you could use to get a decent paid job. Any woman who is worth dating would like you for yourself and not your bank balance. I live with my Mum and am older than you are but do not think this makes me a loser, its the least of my worries actually! I can relate to your anxiety and depression problem, I think if you could get those issues addressed the rest would follow, because in the end its all about how you feel about yourself. Go get treatment for the depression etc, and if you do that, the way you see things will change for the better. Thats what I think anyway. :)