I feel like there's two sides of me fighting for control over my personality.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Damned., May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damned.

Damned. Account Closed

One side of me just wants peace and harmony with his environment.

The other, usually emerging when I feel stressed/frustrated/weak, is completely unempathetic, amoral, destructive, and takes pride in being an evil prick. The best way to describe it would be episodic psychopathy.

I don't know who i'll be tomorrow.

I don't know what goals and values i'll hold tomorrow.

I feel like a battleground between two polar opposites.

I'm scared of myself a lot. I fear interacting with people at times because I know somebody could say the most unmalicious thing and set off that darker side of me I don't know how to control.

I feel that my situation is unique and I hesitate to talk to anyone about it.
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Psychologists and psychiatrists have heard it all really.

If this is the reason you are holding back from getting professional help, then i can assure you they are trained to deal with all this. And i reiterate that they've heard it all before.

We generally like to think we are unique and get embarrased about talking about certain issues, when we really needn't be.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

we all have these sides to us and with help we can control the sides that are distructful and use the side the heals us more i hope you can get some therapy to guide you to help you to stay well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.