I feel like...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by itmahanh, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

So many threads and posts go along the lines of:

I feel like such a failure.

I feel worthless.

I feel unlovable.

I feel like no one else cares.

I feel like my parents hate me.

I feel like I want to die.

Feelings. Both blessings and damnation at the same time. Unfortunately the good feelings for members here seem far and few between. The ones that make us believe that we are horrible pathetic creatures are always present.

But because the good feelings dont come often, we need to grasp them firmly when they do. Tuck them deep inside. Deep enough to bury the bad ones we seem so eager to hold on to. The ones that keep eating away at you from the inside out. The ones that help us believe all the negative in our lives. The words, the events, the people and the circumstances. Grasp the good ones and use them for a bit of strength when the bad ones seem to be taking over.

Both are just that feelings. They do not make you who you are. You do. Not your parents, friends, communities, religions, thoughts or feelings. They are outside things that you can change.

Change. Yep a terrifying word for so many of us. It means facing the bad feelings. Standing up to them. Standing up to the things that make those bad feelings creep in and take control. For some, maybe it isnt possible. Maybe they are beyond wanting to fight anymore. But there are many here that arent. Especially the younger members here. You still have years ahead to fight those bad feelings. To stand up and say ENOUGH!!! So soon you will be able to move out of those homes that sufficate you. Soon you will adults and have so many more rights and opportunities. So please please consider standing up to the bad feelings. Change all that you can that keeps forcing the bad feelings to the surface. Start now before you find yourself one of those that cant fight anymore.

And take every opportunity that presents you with the good feelings to help stock pile them inside. The good things that make you forget for even a few seconds all the bad that surrounds you. Like the support, advice, caring words, understanding, friendship and even love you find here. Hold on to it and use it when you cant stop the bad feelings.

Feelings. Good or bad, we all have them. It's up to you to atleast try and make them exactly what they are. Feelings. They are not you. They do not control your existance. You do. So please keep sharing both the good and bad ones with those that can help you through them.

Ahhh my good feeling for the moment, trying to help others here. Whether I really do or not doesnt matter. It's a good feeling and I'm trying really hard to hold on to it.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Well said!

And here's a question for you (and everyone else too) - what is there that someone on this forum could do, to create a good feeling in you?

3. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Well said!

Change is tough and not easy to achive, but I'm trying. Lots of doors are closed for me, but I'm trying to work with what I have. I also second itmahanhs opinion to cling to whatever good feelings we may have, use your good hours to make up for your depressing ones. Fight until you break through and use your good feelings as your weapons.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Just hope that my words in this thread can do what I meant them to... help even one member to find the courage to try and change what they can and move past what they cant.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Wow what an amazing thread.
    All things I needed to hear.
    And very true about the posts here. They all have the same undertones. When it comes down to it, we're all going through the same shit more or less. Different stories, same feelings.

Thanks for this wonderful post :)

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well said! Thank you :hug:

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree!! You have to have a thought to have a feeling.. When your down search back and find that thought that has caused this.. Then you can try and change it to a positive one..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.