i feel more relative to you people than anyone else

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Beattles, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

that is it. i very rarely come here but i feel more connected and at home with people who are depressed and sad, and downright suicidally miserable than anyone else.

i have been in depression for so long that, now that i realise im very slowly comming out of it, that i dont want to. im too used to being miserable and deathly that i dont know what to do, or how else to be. am i wrong for this? is anyone else like this? i cant control it. maybe this is a psychological process, a reflection of the hardships i have done, and im at a emotional standstill and dont really know where to go..

im sorry.. i have a hard time converting thoughts into words and sentances...
    i cannot stop wanting to feel like i did a half a year or more ago. it happened so suddenly.

2. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I was stuck at that comfortable place in recovery for quite a long time. People were paying attention to me. I felt cared for. It took time for me to move ahead. One thing that helped me move on was to find ways to help someone else. That's when I joined this group and even though I was still suicidal, I began to feel hopeful as I wrote interactions with a lot of people. I joined a depression/anxiety support group and began moving ahead out of my comfort place. I think, too, that I had to give medications time to get me leveled out. And my counsellors made me look at my comfortable place and find ways to move ahead, to a safer, more sane place.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.