I feel my psychiatriast is wrong.

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by iKarma, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Well let me start with I am recently out of the hospital after checking myself in because the auditory hallucinations I am having was getting worse. Basically for the past few years I have been dealing with this voice in my head, it is one voice and I hold conversations with it, it responds to what I say etc. The bad part is, is that it wants me to hurt myself, others, etc. I know it is a hallucination, but I sometimes have trouble separating it from reality. My psychiatriast has me on Respridone and Seroquel. I have recently stopped taking those for two reasons 1) They did not help 2) I believe that the pills are not what they are, as in they are something else (I am paranoid). What my psychiatriast has told me is that I suffer from Hallucintaions of the Anxiety Spectrum. I don't believe this is correct, I think that she is hiding something from me. I am not really sure what to do. I enjoy seeing her and what not. But I am confused on what I should do.

Any ideas on what to do? I see my Psychiatriast in about 1 week.
  2. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

psychiatrists are idiots, there is a logical explanation for everything, did you grow up in a religious home? usually people who hear "voices" grew up in a religious background and have been brainwashed with that crap in their head
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"Psychiatry is not a science at all really, more of an art" - my grandmother, a long time psychiatrist...

They're -usually- wrong. Tell her what you think. If you can't reach a comfortable compromise, get a new psychiatrist.
  4. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I am not religious. Far from it. My parents are, but I wouldn't say my household is very religious. My brother, and sister aslo don't follow a religion. So I don't think it is related to that.
  5. wastedmylife

there u have it, parents have enough infleunce to brainwash you with religion wether you realize it or not, life will probably make more sense as you get older, but for some people life never makes sense

but yea, like I said I but most or all cases of "schizophrenia" have to do with being brainwashed by religion and god when they were younger or growing up in that household

there is no schizophrenia, we all have a voice in our head that tells us how to think, some of us are diseased by religion and are infleunced by it and the disease and the guilt that it brings and it creates something known as schizophrenia

life is fucked up and there is no right or wrong for anything
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

eh :huh: have you any research material to back up your claim?
  7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Source please?

Causes of Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenic diagnosis DSM IV.

Symptoms of Schizophrenia

Types of Schizo-disorders

No where in here do I see anything about being raised religiously as a cause for any type of schizo-disorder or symptoms thereof. Please do not mislead people - it can hurt them more. Other disorders can be mistaken for schizophrenia however (and visa-verse), so it's good to get more than one opinion.

Disclaimer: I'm not religious. I just can Google.
  8. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

My parents have not brain washed me. As much as I despise any religion, I know I have not been brainwashed. My parents never made me do anything, never read the bible to me, etc.

You are completely wrong. If you had any idea what Schizophrenia is you would not be saying that. The idea that you seem to say that most or all cases are caused by religion is fucking stupid.

Once again, you are a fucking idiot. I don't even know where to begin with how fucking wrong you are. You are first saying that there is no such thing as schizophrenia, yet go on and say it exists. I am sorry, but I don't hear a voice in my head, it is not an internal monologue. What I hear is auditory hallucinations. I am not diseased by religion. I don't have any guilt about anything. So please go read a fucking book about schizophrenia.

Anyone else have advice that is actually helpful? I have been told by the psychiatrist at the hospital that it is most likely paranoid schizophrenia, but he can't diagnose me officially. He said I need to wait for the 5th of june, for my real psychiatrist to diagnose me.
  9. shades

shades Staff Alumni

First of all, welcome to SF. Second, "Wasted" has been proven wrong via links and is way out of line so please ignore those posts. Now, while psychiatrists may not always have the answer initially, they often can find the root of the problem.

Be honest with them, and eventually I believe they will be able to help you. They may have to adjust the meds., but stick with it long enough to find out if it is helping you or not. You admit to paranoia and that you don't think the pills are what they say they are. This may be part of the problem. Be honest, stick with the meds. and see what happens. It is not an exact science. They may have to adjust as I said above. They are there to help you, not hurt you. Please feel free to send me a private message.
  10. wastedmylife

my brain is my research material I dont go by others opinions who have money to make from the system

I am smarter then just about anyone who ever lived, I know more about "mental Illnesses" then just about anyone who ever lived

but yea like I said there is no right or wrong for anything, we are just living in a cruel world run by cruel people and we are all slaves to their little game

only when you wake up and get angry is when you start seeing life for what it is and it makes sense

mental illnesses are all a bunch of crap, like I said we are all just fucked up animals who are fucked up with religion and ego and we are trying to adapt to a cruel world run by cruel people

humanity will begin to improve, but things like religion have to be gone, people will have to live for the day, people will not have to worry about money and try realizing peace on earth is here on this earth and it is possible

But people dont want us to think like this, these are the people who should be targeted and changed, they want us to remain fucked up animals looking to religion for answers
  11. wastedmylife

haha again I use my brain as my reference, and my experiences in life, I dont take to account some studies by doctors and research people who just look to profit off the system

again all mental illnesess are a bunch of crap, just live by the golden rule of not trying to harm innocent people or creatures and you should be ok in life, have a problem with that?
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There is more to intelligence than believing you know everything and are right about everything. If you are not here to offer others support in a way that does not try to glorify yourself, then please offer more proof than just your brain. I hate to tell you this, but even the most intelligent of people have been proven incorrect and you are no exception.

To the OP, you may have to wait to get a diagnosis from the person that is the most familiar with your case. I hope you are able to find relief soon. :hug:
  13. wastedmylife

how have I been proven wrong, you have some stupid links done by dumb studies by people who make money off the system, or people who are basically stupid

and how did I guess this guy grew up in a religious household

I am just about always right, I am probably the smartest person in the world, my problem is my talent is wasted because I am not an asshole and looking to profit off of people, as well as other reasons

anyway do what you want, here is the golden rule in life, live a decent life by morals and not trying to harm the earth or innocent animals or innocent people, if you cant follow this you will probably need drugs in order to function
  14. wastedmylife

ok call me a fucking idiot, good luck with your drugs and giving those doctors $200 an hour just to listen to you babble

and you said you grew up in a religious home which is good enough for me, parents have a way of influencing their kids without the kids realizing it till they get older(some people dont ever want to change, you seem like this person)

anyway good luck with your drugs and making the doctors richer, I gave you advice but you dont want to hear it now you will be a guinea pig and a profit agent for the criminal doctors
  15. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Lol, if you threw in a voice you would have paranoid schizophrenia just like me. This 'system' is much to the equivalent of the 'people' after me.

I don't want to take drugs, and I don't pay these doctors $200 an hour. Luckily I live in Canada, where my healthcare is free.

What you define as a religious household is not what I consider one. My parents have not brainwashed me. But, lets say they did. What have they brain washed me with? You seem to know this. You are the smartest person, according to yourself. So enlighten me.

What do you have against people that want to help others? (Doctors) You say that the research links that someone linked to are invalid because they were done by people other than you? The links are mostly non-profit sites.
  16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

wastedmylife: have you considered you may be paranoid? You sound it. Perhaps you should check it out.

Of all mental disorders, schizophrenia is likely the only one known to actually exist. Depression, bipolar, stuff like that... It's all just extremes of the norm, whereas schizophrenia is backed by loads of hard proof.
  17. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You have voiced your opinion loud and clear wastedmylife, but it is time for you to begin listening to what others have to say. If you continue on in this manner, you will find yourself earning infractions. The insults must stop here and now. This includes saying things like....."again all mental illnesess are a bunch of crap". The OP asked for help and support, not your criticisms.
  18. wastedmylife

well maybe the system is fucked, look at religion and the people who want us believeing in god, look at Saudi Arabia where the Islam religion rules with an iron fist and the criminals in that country make billions of dollars a day while there people live like peasents and they have much of an infleunce around the world

Look at the state of the USA from 2000-2008 where you had oil and war profiteers and other rich businessmen who have ties to the pharmecutical companies and make millions and billions of dollars off of people living like crap

maybe there is a problem with the system, maybe they want to keep you drugged so you dont have to think

and your doctors are getting $200 an hour regardless, wether it is coming from the tax payers the insurance companies or individuals, or whatever insane fee they get

and maybe your parents didnt brainwash you, but your parents have enough infleunce over you that you eventually become your parents

anyway life is fucked up like I said, there is no right or wrong for anything, just try to live by the golden rule and you should be ok

And I have had problems with doctors and have come to realize they dont always have the best interest in mind of the patient, I generally dont trust anyone who make more then 2 times what minumum wage is, forget about these ego filled criminal doctors who think they are entitled to hundreds and thousands of dollars an hour because they suffered through medical school
  19. wastedmylife

whatever, I dont understand why I cant say all mental illnesses are a bunch of crap, what is wrong with that, why do people not believe this?

Do people want to believe in mental illnesses as a reason for their behavior?

That is my belief, all mental illnesses are a bunch of crap, I dont understand why I cant say this
  20. wastedmylife

why am I paranoid, I am sure a doctor would love to prescribe me some drugs and keep me coming back

and I have been down that psychiatric road before, you have to figure out life for yourself, like I said life is fucked up and you have evil people running the world, I dont know what else to say, life isnt really complicated,whatever

and what proof is there of schizophrenia I am still waiting for some solid proof like a broken leg or a cancer eating away at an organ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.