I feel myself becoming antisocial

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Cassandra66, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Cassandra66

Cassandra66 Active Member

Over the last few months I have wanted nothing more than to isolate myself from everyone, and stay home...all the time. I've been hurt too many times, rejected and hated by society at large my whole life for not being like everyone else...no one tries to understand me...they either tell me to fuck off or talk over me...ignore me.......Now this antisociality is becoming stronger....It irritates me now for someone to call my phone...I've takened to unpluging it...or hanging up....I don't feel as lonely as before either....maybe I'm getting used to it?....I've been trying to accept that I will never have anyone.

I hate having to leave my house. I've been in seclusion for over two weeks now....and don't see that changing....It's better for me this way. People don't like me, anyways....never have.

2. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Active Member

I know how you feel. I was extremely antisocial, and it only got worse. But what I wanted to say was this: Don't make generalizations. People liked you before, and people will still like you now. Maybe it seems like no one does, but you may just be looking in the wrong places. For example: People here like you.

3. Cassandra66

Yeah? Like who?....No one talks to me in chat, no one PM's me...atleast not anyone I would care to talk to.

4. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

Don't take it personal Cassandra, I've PM'd people here and had no reply. Screw it I say, their loss not mine. There are some nice people here though, so don't get me wrong. Give the chat rooms another try? As for your main point, I know how you feel. I have isolated myself here for the past few years, I have my dog to keep me company. If you ever want to chat, PM me. Guaranteed you won't be ignored. Good luck.

5. Cassandra66

I've lost two more friends since making this topic...one because of my religious views, if you could call it that.....It doesn't seem anything will change and I've tried to change it but it's not working.

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Isolation is difficult to deal. Please do not feel alone and just keep posting here , just to give you re-assurance that people do care and understand what you are going through. Please take care.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Cassandra, pleased to meet you.......the thing with people is that we need to take our worth and value out of their hands, so we're not dependent upon them for our feeling good about ourselves, it gives them too much power, and as you've discovered, they can take your worth and value away from you whenever they feel like it. We can come to internalise our sense of belonging and security by managing our minds - please PM me if this appeals :)

8. Cassandra66

I don't place my value into other people's hands, as you say. I'm just tired of the BS with people...and isolations has it's benefits.

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

also people may reply and then sometimes not because they are going through their own rough patch. does not mean they do not care if you are well or not.

agreed it often feels like a challenge bringing issues up to people here or irl in fact and so view is re enforced you are better off alone. it is an ok temporary escape but does not fix the fact there will always be people in this world and these problems must be faced.

how they present selves and how they are and how you see them may vary

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  10. youRprecious!

I would agree with that Cassandra. If there isn't a problem for you, being isolated, then there's nothing wrong with it. People, by and large, are not going to change, so we have to adapt - and if isolation works for you, that's great if it makes you happy:)

11. scaryforest

yeah, in healthy doses though?

12. Cassandra66

I don't want to be isolated for the remainder of my life, though, but it's beginning to look like I will have no choice. I can't keeping getting hurt like this or something bad will happen eventually.

13. redrobin62

redrobin62 Active Member

I'm like you, Cassandra. I don't want to be alone all my life, but I am anyway. Sometimes I don't mind being alone, sometimes I do. What I hate is the depression, though. I feel lower than a garden slug. Things just can't last like this.

14. scaryforest

what about meet ups for people with similar issues. there would be genuine there

15. Alreadydead

Alreadydead Account Closed

I feel the same way anymore..most people have ruined my sense of trust, and it makes it hard for me to want to socialize

16. youRprecious!

17. youRprecious!

Of course, but not being scared to put your own thoughts and safety first - we need to take care of ourselves in all respects if we are to be able to "manage" community in any shape :)

18. Cassandra66

..it doesn't always make me happy...like right now I just want to die because I feel unloved and rejected..

19. youRprecious!

sorry you're not in a good space atm Cass - it's not nice to feel like that for sure. Have you tried keeping a journal of your feelings, as an aid to becoming stronger, like entering new experiences, finding new stuff to think about - telling yourself that your feelings may not be reflecting reality to you properly? We can learn to become not so dependent upon our feelings, but we need to find ways in which this can be done, hun :)

20. Cassandra66

No, I don't really enjoy writing...I have a drinking problem and that will probably put me at peave eventually(death).....it's the only reason I drink so much..suicide by alcohol.