• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

gray_now

Honestly I just feel so indifferent towards life now. I just don’t care anymore, I feel nothing. Even the stuff that I used to look forward to and enjoy doesn’t make me happy anymore. I alternate between misery and feeling nothing. I don’t know what to do. I don’t even have anything to look forward to in life. To everyone around me I’m stupid and worthless.

This is classic symptoms of depression. You ever seen a medical professional about what you're going through? Something like therapy or medication might be a good option to try and help you.

You're not stupid and you're definitely not worthless. I know it can be easy to slip into that way of thinking sometimes, but trust me you're not worthless. I'm sure you've affected more lives for the positive than you could know, even if it doesn't feel that way now.

Keep yourself safe. *brohug

gray_now

I'm sorry that you've been treated that way. You're not stupid and worthless, but being treated as if you are may explain why you feel the way you do.

I could try to make some suggestions, but I don't know if that's something you'd want.

I hope things can get better soon
Would love some suggestions, thank you for replying.

gray_now

This is classic symptoms of depression. You ever seen a medical professional about what you're going through? Something like therapy or medication might be a good option to try and help you.

You're not stupid and you're definitely not worthless. I know it can be easy to slip into that way of thinking sometimes, but trust me you're not worthless. I'm sure you've affected more lives for the positive than you could know, even if it doesn't feel that way now.

Keep yourself safe. *brohug
Thank you :) I do think I have depression but I can’t afford therapy :/ I do have some really great friends but in many ways I feel like a fading wall flower. Whilst everyone else is working towards their goals, I’m stuck here. Nobody ever believes in me. I feel like I’m everyone’s else cheerleader but when I need someone they only give me advice that will best suit them, so I won’t take up their time, so I won’t be in their way :(

thank you for replying
You're welcome!
I do think I have depression but I can’t afford therapy
reading-well.org.uk has a list of books that have been vetted by mental health professionals.

https://reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription/mental-health

Mind Over Mood is one of the books on that list, and it's also been recommended by members here. It's a book about cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). There evidence that learning CBT techniques on your own can help.

There are also some books there about managing chronic conditions in general:

Self-Management of Long-Term Health Conditions: A Handbook for People with Chronic Disease

Dr. Kate Lorig, Halsted Holman, David Sobel, Diana Laurent, Virginia Gonzalez, Marian Minor

How to Feel Better: Practical Ways to Recover Well from Illness and Injury

Dr. Frances Goodhart, Lucy Atkins

For particular health conditions, the Blue Poppy Press curing series has some good titles that offer some self-treatment methods. You might want to search for "Curing [your condition] naturally with Chinese medicine" to see if they've got something. The books may only be available as e-books in some cases.

I think I may have already mentioned this is a previous post, but this has some information about treatment methods:

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain; Other Suicide Help

In particular, the sub-links on self-treatment and alternative treatment may be especially useful to you.

I hope something can help.

Thank you :) I do think I have depression but I can’t afford therapy :/ I do have some really great friends but in many ways I feel like a fading wall flower. Whilst everyone else is working towards their goals, I’m stuck here. Nobody ever believes in me. I feel like I’m everyone’s else cheerleader but when I need someone they only give me advice that will best suit them, so I won’t take up their time, so I won’t be in their way :(
Hmmmm... this certainly sounds like a tough spot to be in. Are you still in school or education? Sometimes, they might be able to provide free therapy or counselling. It's unfortunate that you don't feel well supported, and it certainly doesn't seem fair. My advice is to maybe look for support in new places - join a new club in your town, go to a group therapy session. Hopefully these things might help you build a suitable support network. Keep yourself safe. *brohug

gray_now

You're welcome!

reading-well.org.uk has a list of books that have been vetted by mental health professionals.

https://reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription/mental-health

Mind Over Mood is one of the books on that list, and it's also been recommended by members here. It's a book about cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). There evidence that learning CBT techniques on your own can help.

There are also some books there about managing chronic conditions in general:

Self-Management of Long-Term Health Conditions: A Handbook for People with Chronic Disease

Dr. Kate Lorig, Halsted Holman, David Sobel, Diana Laurent, Virginia Gonzalez, Marian Minor

How to Feel Better: Practical Ways to Recover Well from Illness and Injury

Dr. Frances Goodhart, Lucy Atkins

For particular health conditions, the Blue Poppy Press curing series has some good titles that offer some self-treatment methods. You might want to search for "Curing [your condition] naturally with Chinese medicine" to see if they've got something. The books may only be available as e-books in some cases.

I think I may have already mentioned this is a previous post, but this has some information about treatment methods:

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain; Other Suicide Help

In particular, the sub-links on self-treatment and alternative treatment may be especially useful to you.

I hope something can help.
Thank you!! I’ll definitely check some of these out. I’ve started taking an herbal supplement so I hope that will help some :) 🌸

gray_now

Hmmmm... this certainly sounds like a tough spot to be in. Are you still in school or education? Sometimes, they might be able to provide free therapy or counselling. It's unfortunate that you don't feel well supported, and it certainly doesn't seem fair. My advice is to maybe look for support in new places - join a new club in your town, go to a group therapy session. Hopefully these things might help you build a suitable support network. Keep yourself safe. *brohug
I was thinking of joining a yoga class to help with my stress. I’m not in school :( COVID made things difficult and I can’t afford it. That’s part of why I’ve felt so depressed and aimless. I found a program that I’m going to do though so I feel a little better :) thank you for your advice!! 🌺

You're welcome! :)
I’ll definitely check some of these out
I hope they can help
I’ve started taking an herbal supplement so I hope that will help some
What supplement are you taking? If you see a acupuncturist who can prescribe a patent forumla, that might work even better. You might be able to get a visit in a community clinic for about $15-$35, or possibly in a teaching clinic for free. Patent formulas are maybe $8-$15 for about a month's supply.

Imho, professionally prescribed forumlas are usually much better than choosing a supplement on your own. Once you've got a diagnosis in Chinese medicine terms, it may be possible to pick some foods and a few supplements that would be a good match.

You're welcome! :)

I hope they can help

What supplement are you taking? If you see a acupuncturist who can prescribe a patent forumla, that might work even better. You might be able to get a visit in a community clinic for about $15-$35, or possibly in a teaching clinic for free. Patent formulas are maybe $8-$15 for about a month's supply.

Imho, professionally prescribed forumlas are usually much better than choosing a supplement on your own. Once you've got a diagnosis in Chinese medicine terms, it may be possible to pick some foods and a few supplements that would be a good match.
I would to try Chinese medicine, what I have done has been really helpful, but I can’t afford anything, because I don’t have any money :/ I live with my family. I’ve been taking lavender oil, which has been really great :)

I would to try Chinese medicine, what I have done has been really helpful, but I can’t afford anything, because I don’t have any money
Many teaching clinics may not be open at the moment because of Covid, but if there is a teaching clinic near you that's open, they very often have free treatments, or free or reduced-cost treatments based on financial need.

I’ve been taking lavender oil, which has been really great :)
That's good :)

The link in my signature has some info about acupressure self-massage and some dietary recommendations that might be helpful.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00