I feel really scared and stressed.

I just had my baby on sunday, last night was our first night home. And I feel so scared and stressed and overwhelmed and I feel so intense like life or death. Especially last night, my baby got overheated in our house. It scared the hell out of me. And I’m still scared. Our house is too hot, so we are staying at my boyfriend’s parent’s house. It just terrifies me that he could have died because he was too hot and what if I didn’t notice or didn’t make that choice. Too scared to sleep and really afraid to be left alone with him when my boyfriend has to go back to work. I’m scared I won’t be able to take care of him on my own. I don’t want him to get hurt or to die. I just keep worrying. I feel sad and alone and stressed and afraid. I need some support. And I’m scared I will hurt him because he’s so small and delicate and I don’t know how to do these things. I’m just really scared and want some support. I’m just terrified He will die or get hurt. Learning about SIDS from parenting class just makes me even more worried and stressed.

First of all... Congratulations!
2nd... Babies are quite resilient and Not delicate. You are going to make yourself sick with stress and worry. i remember staying awake staring at my 1st born all night the first few nights. Sleep took over and i began to realize everything will be ok. Did i still worry i would screw them up? Oh HELL yeah i did. Still do and all 3 are now adults! All you can do is the best of your ability. No one is perfect and there is no one way to take care of a baby. You can read everything out there and still not know how. You have a natural instinct that will take over if you put the worry aside. Trust in that. You will be amazing, and you've got this!!!

First of all... Congratulations!
2nd... Babies are quite resilient and Not delicate. You are going to make yourself sick with stress and worry. i remember staying awake staring at my 1st born all night the first few nights. Sleep took over and i began to realize everything will be ok. Did i still worry i would screw them up? Oh HELL yeah i did. Still do and all 3 are now adults! All you can do is the best of your ability. No one is perfect and there is no one way to take care of a baby. You can read everything out there and still not know how. You have a natural instinct that will take over if you put the worry aside. Trust in that. You will be amazing, and you've got this!!!
Thank you. I will try not to worry so much. I just need to try and look at the bright side. I feel bad when when he pees through his clothing, it makes me feel “oh no! How didn’t I notice this?” But at least he is peeing. Thank you for your support.

Thank you. I will try not to worry so much. I just need to try and look at the bright side. I feel bad when when he pees through his clothing, it makes me feel “oh no! How didn’t I notice this?” But at least he is peeing. Thank you for your support.
Pee outs and even more so.... blow outs... Will and do happen and often. It has nothing to do with how well you pay attention. It just happens. It's pretty great when it happens when someone you are not too fond of is holding the baby. Things to look forward too hehe. *popcorn

Yes parenting is scary, yet it's also extremely rewarding. One of the toughest jobs you will ever LOVE. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you feel you need it. Every parent out there needs help from time to time. Physical and/or emotional help. Also a break!

And... take what others tell you on how to raise your child with a grain of salt. Use what works for you and toss what doesn't. Don't be afraid to tell people who are being forceful... that you are raising your child in the way you feel and believe will be best for your family. You can be polite in doing so by thanking them for their opinion and idea, and that you will take it into consideration. Everyone has had at least one pushy neighbor, friend, and especially a family member trying to tell you what's best for your child. You get to decide what's best. It's your right as a parent.

Pee outs and even more so.... blow outs... Will and do happen and often. It has nothing to do with how well you pay attention. It just happens. It's pretty great when it happens when someone you are not too fond of is holding the baby. Things to look forward too hehe. *popcorn

Yes parenting is scary, yet it's also extremely rewarding. One of the toughest jobs you will ever LOVE. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you feel you need it. Every parent out there needs help from time to time. Physical and/or emotional help. Also a break!

And... take what others tell you on how to raise your child with a grain of salt. Use what works for you and toss what doesn't. Don't be afraid to tell people who are being forceful... that you are raising your child in the way you feel and believe will be best for your family. You can be polite in doing so by thanking them for their opinion and idea, and that you will take it into consideration. Everyone has had at least one pushy neighbor, friend, and especially a family member trying to tell you what's best for your child. You get to decide what's best. It's your right as a parent.
Thank you, I will remember this. I Feel a lot better after getting that off my chest. Everything will be okay.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
I just had my baby on sunday, last night was our first night home. And I feel so scared and stressed and overwhelmed and I feel so intense like life or death. Especially last night, my baby got overheated in our house. It scared the hell out of me. And I’m still scared. Our house is too hot, so we are staying at my boyfriend’s parent’s house. It just terrifies me that he could have died because he was too hot and what if I didn’t notice or didn’t make that choice. Too scared to sleep and really afraid to be left alone with him when my boyfriend has to go back to work. I’m scared I won’t be able to take care of him on my own. I don’t want him to get hurt or to die. I just keep worrying. I feel sad and alone and stressed and afraid. I need some support. And I’m scared I will hurt him because he’s so small and delicate and I don’t know how to do these things. I’m just really scared and want some support. I’m just terrified He will die or get hurt. Learning about SIDS from parenting class just makes me even more worried and stressed.
Congratulations. I hope you are healing and taking good care of yourself. Your baby needs you to be strong and aware. :) <3 But from the sound of your post, you are very aware. That you're scared is natural and part of the bonding process. Take things slowly when you are alone with your baby. If you like to sing, do so: it helps you calm down and helps baby too. Make a list of what needs to happen each day. Include your own needs! If you don't know how to do care for the baby, try calling upp the hospital or the la leche league: they often will send a really nice person out to show you all sorts of helpful things.
Best to you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00