I feel sad in my entire body

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by emmbnm, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmbnm

emmbnm Member

I'm walking around like a zombie, like I'm not even there mentally, just doing things. I'm so disappointed in life, I've tried so hard for years and its never my time to e happy, all I get is shit. Psychopaths keep coming in to my life from all directions, its like I need to stop going out or stop talking to people to be able to avoid them. Its like I can't escape bad people. I deserve love but I'll never get it so whats the point.

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi emmb, I understand that life is disappointing, compared to what we deserve. However, there still is a point to it all, I promise you. In our downtimes we can't see it though, and the struggle seems like an uphill climb up an enormous mountain. All we can see ahead of us is the mountain, but please be wary of the conclusions you are coming to about it. If it is true what you say that psychopaths keep coming at you then you need to keep yourself safe from them, paramount. But not everyone is a psychopath, and our lives will meet those of others - no one can avoid this fact of life, so the only thing we can do is learn the skills to help us cope and first of all to make sure that firstly we are a loving person ourselves, someone who people want to be around because we can bring out what's best in them. In this way, the climb up the mountain will not seem such a slog, and one step at a time is all anyone can take :)

3. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Yes yoy do deserve love. We all do.

The way is to show you love others and it will come.

4. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

I am so sorry for everything you're going through. I've been exactly where you are -- feeling like a zombie, just going through the motions, disappointed with life and feeling like I'll never get to be happy. I've had my share of psychopaths too and what Precious said is right -- you've got to make sure to keep yourself safe. That's important. The other thing about psychopaths is that they are everywhere in all walks of life, all professions, all communities. They are -- for better or worse -- a part of life. There are ways to make yourself less attractive to them, but I think that's a secondary problem and something for another day.

You sound very much like you are clinically depressed. That is something that is very treatable and once treated and managed, can make a huge difference in your outlook on life (and how you handle those psychopaths). You absolutely deserve love and you can find love, but, and I hope you won't think badly of me for saying it, I think you need to focus on caring for yourself first. It's hard to find someone to love when we're mentally healthy and even harder when we're not. Mental illness colours everything we think and rules a lot of our behaviours too. That's why it's harder to find the love we want so desperately when we're struggling with something like depression, anxiety, bipolar, PTSD, or something else. I think the point is to get yourself to a better place emotionally and mentally and then work on things like building positive friendships and finding love.

If you're not already seeing a therapist or counsellor, I encourage you to look into finding one you can talk to about everything. Please continue to post here and come to chat if you need more immediate help. We are happy to offer support and so many folks here have been through what you're going through. ((((hugs)))) Please take care of yourself. You deserve it!

~Ana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.