I feel sick every time I eat.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Clockwork Reality, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with eating before. I've always maintained healthy weight . . . sometimes a little too healthy.

But this has been going on for about a month and a half now. Everytime I eat, I feel nauseated. I've taken to cutting portion sizes simply because I feel sick if I eat too much.

I've tried all sorts of things to address the problem, figuring that it was related to my diet. More fresh fruit and vegetables. I cut out alcohol and cigarettes. Less caffeine. More water. Nothing is working. I feel sick when I eat and now it's developed into a general nasuea throughout the day.

I've dropped about seven pounds in the past week and I'm eating what compares to a meal and a half a day. I went to the doctor and she told me that it was "probably stress related" but didn't offer too much insight beyond that. I should follow-up with it but finding the time to do so is hard.

Has anybody else had a similar problem like this and have suggestions? About the only things I feel like eating are soups.

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun :hug: i'm sorry things aren't going great for you right now
    i've had this before, but never for that long .. mine generally lasted about 2 weeks at most, but i've had it on and off since i was about 14. it does gradually get a little worse and can make you feel like your going to gag even from the smell of food. i was told it was probably stress related as well, and seeing as i had exams/work/other people to worry about at those times, i sort of made a connection to most of the times it occured.
    perhaps go to your doctor if it persists beyond 2/3 months because you're bound to lose quite a bit of weight and they'll actually try and help rather than just blow it off with an excuse, then.
    you have to be careful though. because this happened quite regularly for a while, i ended up getting really obsessive about food and now i don't eat properly really.. i don't think it's an eating disorder but it's still not good, so be careful when it comes to eating normally again.. try to introduce foods you know you like back into your diet first and it will help you get back on track :)
    good luck :heart: triggs xx

3. passer

passer Active Member

I only eat one meal a day , not even feeling hungry anymore, sometimes can't even finish my meal, I don't feel tired at all allthough I work 8 hours and go to the gym everyday , makes me feel happy :)

4. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Beginning to feel a bit better. I had a nasty bout with a stomach virus last week which may (probably) contributed to my current condition.

I still feel ill to my stomach a good chunk of the day, but it's more manageable. My weight loss has also stopped, so it looks like things are looking up again. I'm still staying away from the alcohol and cigarettes, and I'm trying to get to the gym more often.

Thanks for everybody's well-wishes and concern.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear your on the mend I hope you continue to feel better Take care and drink lots of fluids

6. suicidepsycho

suicidepsycho Member

i have also this problem. whatever i eat i feel sick and wanna throw up. but i haven't done it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.