I feel slightly pissed off at the mo

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by anarulesmenow, May 14, 2010.

1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I used to go to this camp every year, and this year I got a letter asking if I wanted to help out with it, not as a leader but not as a camper either.So I filled it in and sent it off. Ive had quite a few issues in the past (Such as eating disorders and being bipolar), but Im trying to get over them and I feel like Im doing a good job.I dont smoke anymore, I really dont drink like I used to (which used to be a lot) and Ive decided its probably best for me not to have a relationship for a while (so i obviously havn't been sleeping around or anything). I've spoken to a couple of leaders on this camp before about my issues, and they've helped me with them. In fact, a few of them have had the same issues.
    So I just got a phone call from one of the camp leaders, basically saying that they don't want a nutcase like me there.They said that they're not sure if someone with my issues should be there.This just really pisses me off, because I haven't spoken to any of them about my issues for nearly a year, and my issues have been a lot more under control recently.What do they think, that my Bipolar disorder is going to rub off on the other people there?
    It also really pisses me off that there are people leading it who have had, and still have THE SAME DAMN ISSUES as me.I mean wtf that seems really unfair to me. There are people that go that smoke and drink and sleep around and it just seems unfair that they can go and I can't, despite the fact that I don't really do things like that anymore. They seem to be judging me on my disorders and the past and not on the present me.I've said that i'm doing really well with it all, and explained everything but it's like they can't believe me.It's really frustrating.
    I thought I was doing ok, and it may sound silly but this has got me all worked up again, my anxiety's back and i've gone down.Sorry I just needed a bit of a rant because I don't really think it's all that fair.

2. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

no, i agree. thats really unfair. what you should do is talk to the other leaders if you can and ask them to put in a few good words for you. after all, you know some business about them, and they know your situation. its wouldnt hurt...

sorry if im not much help, best i could come up with... i wish you luck in everything *hug

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree it doesn't sound fair and I would be taking the issue further....sounds like discrimination to me..

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree it is discrimination and i would definitely take it to a higher ground. If they are pulling this with you they will do it to others Set a p residence i would fight this so othrs wonlt be treated unfairly as well

5. anarulesmenow

The thing is im not so bothered about not going on the camp, but about how i haven't been allowed to go.I don't want to say anything to them though, because it might seem a little bit petty.

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

what they are doing to you is petty.....you have the right to fight their decision...
    and you have the right to go on the camp if you want to....
    whoever is above these people needs to know how they are operating..it's so wrong..

7. anarulesmenow

Im not sure i can though ill just end up ranting at them or something

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

how about you write them a letter?....

9. anarulesmenow

Im not really sure what I could say to be honest.