I feel so alone & that no one likes me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by The Depressed Puppy, Jan 30, 2014.

1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

Ok, so today my friend told me we shouldn't be friends She was my support system, my sister, my best friend, & now she says I don't think we should be friends. I couldn't find her at all in the hallway, I usually see at least four times a day. Now, I don't have anywhere to sit at lunch, & I do not have anyone sit by. I have other friends but they like her too, & I am sure they will choose her side.Now, I have no true friends.I don't know what to, I am just, so depressed right now

I really want to give up right now. Now, I really see no good reason for living.I have been contemplating, & I am seriously considering it. She was what kept me from doing it :( She prevent me from taking my life, but now... I can't bare her being gone

2. lautanner

lautanner Well-Known Member

Are you in high school? What subject do you like best? Maybe this friend is just looking for space and will reach out to you when she is ready again. I suffered from emotional problems in high school and lost a lot of friends because they couldn't handle it. Start looking for people who enjoy the same subjects you do (for me, it was drama). You know what? There are other people sitting alone at lunch who would be so glad to have you as a friend. You are important, and you must be alive.

3. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

depressed puppy, this the same person who said they can't deal with your suicidal thoughts?

4. The Depressed Puppy

Lautanner- Yes,& none really. Nothing interests me really. I never really share my emotional problems.
    Yes, though, since the situation of when she couldn't deal with them, I haven't talked about it since.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, has this friend given you any reason as to why ye cannot be friends? I recently lost a good friend too..it hurts, I know it does..but as they say there is plenty more fish in the sea. Just think even a year from now or 5 years how many more friends you are going to have or lose. Stay positive :)

6. lautanner

Okay....maybe nothing interests you right now because you are depressed. When you are depressed, you punish yourself by not allowing yourself to enjoy even the simplest of pleasures, like eating a rich dessert or watching a movie you love. Please don't hurt yourself. This friend may be going through a terrible time as well and they can't tell you about it because they know how strong your emotional pain is. Share your problems with someone you trust. Share them here with us. We won't judge you. Tell us more about yourself, depressed puppy. Do your parents support you emotionally? Your emotional pain is valid and understandable, it's not strange or abnormal.

7. The Depressed Puppy

The thing is... I didn't tell her much about what I'm going through ,& that I have emotional pain.

I noticed that she's dressing up, wearing makeup,& things other girls do In school. She always seems annoyed with me.

No parents don't know anything.

I just, really want to die right now:( I'm at school,& it's really making it worse.

8. lautanner

This same thing happened to me in high school. Do you think she is changing a lot?

9. The Depressed Puppy

She's changing a lot, appearance wise,& somewhat personality wise.

10. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

for next holiday suggest a trip somewhere cultural and nice?
    get out of that setting maybe

losing friends is hard, sympathies

11. lautanner

Think, for a second, why she might feel that she needs to change. Maybe she wants to grow up too soon? Maybe she wants to be with a different crowd. What kinds of insecurities might lead her to do these things? If you don't feel that you need to wear makeup or dresses, that's because you are WHO YOU ARE, and you should be proud that you are true to yourself. She will not find happiness in trying to conform and neither will you. Being alone sucks, there's no doubt about it. But you know what? You are both still young and I was able to accept that my friend was growing up faster than I was. We became very close after high school again, realizing that we took different paths. It's okay for you to take different paths and maybe you should write her a letter about how you feel. If she has hurt you, you have a right to let her know that. Write her a letter and slip it in her locker or give it to someone who hangs out with her.