I feel so bad..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by cordial1, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cordial1

cordial1 Well-Known Member

I feel so bad that I feel sick. I literally feel ill to my stomach, and I can't stop it. It is almost 5 a.m. where I am at, and I cannot fall asleep. I have one thing standing in my way before I can fully enjoy my holiday, but I am about to have an anxiety attack over it. I wish this would all go away. :(

2. BeingMe

BeingMe Well-Known Member

I use to get anxiety attacks all the time, especially on my anti-depressants, but there were a view things i did to help.

First of all its about taking your mind off it and i know it sounds stupid but i would literally run up and down the stairs like 4 or 5 times, obviously try and do it quietly but it does work as physical activity releases endorphins which is like a natural anti depressant and it will help the feeling of sickness.

Also try to control your breathing, when you start to feel the anxiety building literally close your eyes and focus on what your body is doing just try to control it.

I know its hard and its even harder to put these into action when your about to have an attack but it does help.

Are you on any medication?

3. cordial1

cordial1 Well-Known Member

I am on medication, Wellbutrin, and my doctor said that anxiety was common with this medication. However, knowing that doesn't make it any easier to endure. I'm just always so stressed, and if it isn't one thing it is another, and this cycle just doesn't seem to end for me. Its so hard to deal with. It has started to affect my ability to excel in things that I do well. Which stresses me out even more. I keep waiting for this hard place to end, and for the easy to begin. It just feels like for every step I make towards achieving a goal, or doing well, ten more obstacles get in my way. Half of me wants to give up because its getting too hard, the other half feels nothing but shame because I want to give up. I just want to be in a coma for a little while so that I don't have to deal with this. Some peace sounds great right now.

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear friend,

I'm sorry you are being plagued by anxiety, but I admire your determination in fighting through it and being the good student we know you are. I know how hard you are working despite all of your hardships... and I hope this break at home allows you to rest up and get ready to excel during the upcoming spring semester.. I believe in you! Stay in touch, feel better soon, and happy holidays. :]

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.