• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I Feel So Far Away

Wrick Malcof

Every day I face a hollowing uncertainty. I am lost in the ambiguous and indifferent perspectives of the people around me. Every day delivers new reminders of what the value of our lives is determined to be. I feel nothing but surrounded by people who refuse to change the things they despise. "That's life," they sigh in a vein attempt at salvaging dignity from their disadvantageous position.

How can I want to live if my options are to consign myself to being taken advantage of, or to fight to the grave in defiance of that fate? I'm growing sicker and sicker of human kind by the day. Finding it harder to think that bonding with people is worth my time anymore. I'm growing more callous and closed off, and frankly it doesn't seem worth the effort to combat the transition at this point

lightning05

Hi there, what's the uncertainty that you are facing?
I feel nothing but surrounded by people who refuse to change the things they despise. "That's life," they sigh in a vein attempt at salvaging dignity from their disadvantageous position
Life is tough and there are times when it's appropriate to say "that's life", but if people are giving you this response after you telling them that you are depressed/suicidal that's not helpful at all and you should probably not open up to them or find a therapist or talk to your doctor about your feelings.

How can I want to live if my options are to consign myself to being taken advantage of, or to fight to the grave in defiance of that fate?
These are not the only two options to life. I understand this sentiment and have felt it at times myself. When struggling with depression everything is a fight just to get through every day and it seems like it will never end and we are doomed to feel this way forever. I don't have an easy answer to this except to say that we need to find the things in life worth fighting to be here for. Good friends, family, a significant other, kids, pets, career, travel, food, etc.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Every day I face a hollowing uncertainty. I am lost in the ambiguous and indifferent perspectives of the people around me. Every day delivers new reminders of what the value of our lives is determined to be. I feel nothing but surrounded by people who refuse to change the things they despise. "That's life," they sigh in a vein attempt at salvaging dignity from their disadvantageous position
Why do you focus on the perspectives of others instead of your own viewpoint? The perspectives of others could be based on misperceptions, and so could your own. I don't think it gets us anywhere when we concentrate on the flaws we see in others, excluding our own. It can't be that they are a hundred percent deluded and we are a hundred percent right in our views. We can learn from others as well
How can I want to live if my options are to consign myself to being taken advantage of, or to fight to the grave in defiance of that fate? I'm growing sicker and sicker of human kind by the day. Finding it harder to think that bonding with people is worth my time anymore. I'm growing more callous and closed off, and frankly it doesn't seem worth the effort to combat the transition at this point
You cant connect/bond with others if you have mental barriers to doing so, like believing everyone is out to use you, which you never let down for anyone. They could be based on misperceptions

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00