I Feel So Pathetic

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by -Erik-, Mar 20, 2012.

1. -Erik-

-Erik- Member

I'm turning 18 in less than a week, and everything is all of a sudden hitting me.

I'm a virgin by choice, I've been waiting for the right girl instead of sleeping with any random chick for my own personal reasons, but I can tell my friends think I'm a laughingstock, they make jokes about it all the time, and while I pretend to brush it off, sometimes it's tough. It doesn't seem normal among my friends to be 18 and a virgin....

I'm slacking far too much in school. I'm finishing grade 12 this year, but I still need 5 credits...assuming I pass all classes this year. On top of that I don't have a single clue what I want to do post secondary wise. I feel like I've already shut too many doors (options) by choosing the classes that I chose.

The worst thing of all, my best friend is dating this absolutely amazing girl. She is great, but my friend treats her like crap. He acts as though she is his personal slave. He makes her do everything for him, and she spends tons of her money on him. She is "whipped" on him like you wouldn't believe though, which makes me feel like shit because I feel as though I would treat her (or any girl) like a princess, but he treats her like garbage and she is with him. This may seem selfish, but sometimes it's hard to control your feelings. Most likely the thing that leads me on the most, is how she acts towards me. It seems kinda flirty to an extent, and sometimes it seems like she likes me as well, I know she probably doesn't but it seems that way so much that when I see her sad, mad, being put down by him...it honestly kills me a bit inside.

Everything combined seems like a burden that I'm not sure I can continue to handle... I worry that one day something will send me over the edge and I will do what has been partially on my mind for as long as I remember.

I don't truly expect anyone to read everything here, but I just had to get this all out somehow...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad you can talk here There are many 18 yr old is the same way you are hun don't believe your not the o nly one that has morals and will wait for the right person. Also not many people your age know what they want to do in life come on hun you are young you have so much time to decide that. As for the girl you keep being friends with her and perhaps one day she will see what a loser she has and turn to a real man someone who has character hugs to you

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It doesn't matter what other people have to say. Your sex life is your business and they shouldn't judge you for being a virgin. There is nothing wrong with that. Friends that make fun of you aren't really your friends. I should know because my "friends" are always making jokes about me, and that's why you are better off without people like that in your life. I didn't know what to do after school, I still don't, but everything will work itself out. Sorry about your friend, but until she gains enough self esteem to leave the guy, then she'll be stuck with him. It's good that you treat girls with respect, that is a great quality and I know that you will find someone perfect for you. I wish the best for you.