i feel so stupid when i do this

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
When I have to stand on a stepstool and use a large knife to knock things off the top shelf, because I'm too short to reach them normally.
Sign me up as another of the vertically challenged. :) I have the step stool and everything. I have one of those grabber sticks good in principle but the only thing I have used it for so far is getting a copperhead out of the house while avoiding the sharp end of the critter. LOL

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
When I have to stand on a stepstool and use a large knife to knock things off the top shelf, because I'm too short to reach them normally.
lol *rofl*rofl*roflmy wife is under 5 feet so i know what you are going through because i see how it frustrates her sometimes. but she can take some short jokes, just not a lot of them lol

mike....*hug*shake*hysterical

Waves

Gah
Made the mistake of telling a friend about my anxiety. Recieved a long list of 'self-help/pull yourself together now' advice.
Omg noooooo. As if you did not already know all about strategies. There is a good article in the New York Times I think titled Mental Health is Political. Think Dr Danielle Carr wrote it. If people were receptive I would suggest they read this as a summary of why meds and psychotherapies are not the answer with today’s mental health crisis.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
Omg noooooo. As if you did not already know all about strategies. There is a good article in the New York Times I think titled Mental Health is Political. Think Dr Danielle Carr wrote it. If people were receptive I would suggest they read this as a summary of why meds and psychotherapies are not the answer with today’s mental health crisis.
I'll try to find ithopefully no paywall.

It's true I guess; this friend & I don't see the world in the same way, like I thought we did.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Hey thank you for the validation. Are you familiar with the history of sanitariums in Europe for mentally I’ll and how the Frenchman Philippe Pinep freed the mentally ill from restraints in asylums? We need to be freed today too
Only very vaguely, and did not know of Pinep, but I guess I have a new wikipedia rabbit-hole to go down, lol.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
The friend sent me an edited list of statements I need to read. To be fair they told me I may choose to read them. They apparently are rational emotiive therapy, that is touted as infallible, if one does it right. So I am left with, what, guilt that I can't even get therapy right?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00