I feel stuck in life

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LostInMyDaydreams, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

I've gotten away from my abuser, it's been maybe two months or so for me. Can't even remember now cause things keep going by so fast and I feel like I can't keep up with anything anymore cause I feel stuck. For three years I was with him and now I feel empty inside, I used to be very happy with my life but I feel worthless like I don't even matter. Keep trying to move forward but I'm not sure what direction I should go in. Feel like I need someone to help guide me cause I feel like a lost little girl right now. There's times where I even stop myself from posting up a thread cause I'm afraid of what people might say or that I'll be judged. My whole life I've been judged in my life and criticized by others and I never once stood up for myself. Will I constantly be doomed forever? Deep down I really want to get better but I'm not sure what to do with myself right now. Can someone please talk to me, I feel so lost right now. Please... anyone... :frown:

2. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

Hey, sorry you're feeling so lost. I'm lost in my life, too. It feels like everyone around me has a map of life and knows exactly where to go/what to do, while I'm stuck here in the abyss, not knowing what the hell is going on.

I can especially relate to these bits:
    (Minus the 'girl' part. :p)

3. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

Rose, i've been waiting for you but you never show up :(
    Come on here I'll give you a hug. I don't know what to write here right now, but I really want to see you on chat, talking with me again...

4. Dee55

Dee55 Member

Living with an abuser causes chaos and chaos is what you have lived. that could be part of the feeling lost and empty after I left my abuser it was like I didn't know how to act or be because he had controlled my life. IT has taken years to get past it and then at 50 I was raped by an 18 year old who 12 jurors let go. he was shot and killed by an officer a year to the day he raped me high on meth like he was when he raped me talk about feeling judged. the shame has never left since those 12 jurors let him off. He might be dead, but the rape experience will never die like the memories of your abuse. I was too ashamed to call the police after it happened I didn't call the police I didn't think they would believe me. I had hand print on my thigh and bruises to my upper body where he held me down. there was no one to hear my screams. So I understand how you feel from having been abused and controlled to the rape. Time helps to heal, but I don't feel it completely heals because we have the memories. I still live in that same house because I can't afford to move, so I have the constant reminder. Nobody here will judge you for anything. You are a struggling human being and we are all dealing with thoughts we wish we didn't have. You can talk to me anytime and I will listen. Just wanted to share a part of my story so you will know I understand how you feel. I'm sending big hugs to you that might not help, but you know I care.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Rose, It is so common for people who have been abused to not feel power. To feel like a child. The object of abuse is to steal power. I do not know the circumsantes of your abuse. But I can tell you that people who have been abused have a long road back. But they can and do come back. The do reclaim their power. Even if it feels impossible to do so. I felt like an old lady. I had no lifeforce left after I was abused for years. My abuse was different. But it did not change the fact that it stole my power. My self esteem. My lifeforce. I was able to reclaim it. As other people are. I hope you can realize that how you feel is not who you are. And it is very possible to reclaim or claim who you are. AND you deserve to do just that. Can you think of someone local to reach out to for help? If not. maybe i can help you to find someone in your are. Without of course knowing what area you live in. :hug:

6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i also feel lost- but i also feel rushed, and that's not a nice feeling to have

in fact the feeling of feeling rushed is probably worse than the feeling of being lost

7. SplinterStar

SplinterStar Active Member

I was suicidal for 2 years seriously and I'm still super depressed some days and in those 3-4 years that have past, everyone else is getting married or has kids or moved away or died and it feels like... I've been frozen in time for years while everything rushes past me. I don't really know what to do anymore.

8. rosi

rosi Member

This is what is happening to me too. My abuser left me 5 month ago and i cant handle being alone. I never was alone in my whole life. I feel like a lost little girl, I need someone to help guide me.

9. rosi

rosi Member

I feel that everyone has a partner, and im running a race just to dye, and in that race all what i would have are bad things: Alzeheimer, ACV, reuma....
    Im wasting my life, i realize that but i cant do it better. Im stuck, exactly as a lost little girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.