I feel swollen after eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Greenforest, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

Not always, but sometimes. Like today. At morning I was feeling fine, but after eating lunch I started to feel very exhausted. I ate normal, not even close to too much, but I felt horrible when had to go out. Every step felt stiff and face felt like it was melting and swelling.

When I eat very little my mind gets dizzier, but I feel clean and light, happier.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds like it might be worth going to the docs.

I'm not sure if a physical reason is causing your tiredness, or the effects of depression, or something, but either way, the docs is best.

I know what you mean though, about not eating and feeling clean and light, but that is not a good thing either. Again, maybe a trip to the docs is in order honey.

3. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

That "high" you get from not eating is actually caused by endorphins. It's one reason why recovering from anorexia is so tough. Don't let it fool you though. By not eating, you're doing your body irreparable damage.

4. slim_to_none

slim_to_none Well-Known Member

it could also be down to the fact that your stomach may have shrunk with your weight loss. and therefore small amounts are making you feel very very full.

personally i know that the slightest bit of food is going to bloat me and exhaust me because my stomach is shrunken and the body puts in a mammoth effort to try and store every single bit of energy its been given because it goes into a survival mode and hangs on to everything it can because it doesnt know when it'll be fed again.

hope that makes some sense.
    i think seeing a doctor is the best advice though.

take care.
    xx.

5. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

Wow, mostly when I eat more than a snack I feel like a huge blimp. I even have a hard time breathing if I eat a whole veggie burger. Once it is barfed up, I feel fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.