I feel that my problems concerns only to me and nobody else can help

Since my problems with depression and anxiety started I always had difficult to ask for help because I think they're my own responsability and nobody else can help and understand what's happening. I don't trust on anyone else to share my problems, like my family, friends and relatives, because they would only mock me about my difficult to deal with my own problems and I don't think they would know how to help me, they could even turn things worst. I'm confuse and furious about all this and don't know what to do. The point is: Who I should call for help since you don't trust anyone?

You can talk about problems right here on SF. That could help. The anonymity here might make it easier for you to do that than with people that you know in person.

Would your feel the same about seeing a therapist or talking to a doctor?

Actually with all the therapists that I had I always felt very confortable to talk about some problems, but not all of them. I never talked about those with anyone and it's things that botter me a lot. Even here I don't think I would have courage to say, it's embarassing for me.

Please don't feel embarrassed. Whatever problems you are experiencing or have experienced, there's probably at least a few people here who have gone through the same thing.

Maybe in time you would be able to build up trust with a therapist.

You could also search the forums and see if there is anyone who has experienced the same thing. Maybe reading what someone else has to say about a similar experience would help you.

If they are still an active member, maybe you could send them a PM and see if they feel like talking about it

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
This place is anonymous for a reason, bud. You can tell people here anything because it's not like we can link it to you. And believe me, if you've thought of something before then you're not that original, other people have too. You don't have an unique thought in your entire head. Look at when you google something and how hard it is to come up with something with no matches. That's because someone else has already thought every single thing you have. So whatever is on your mind? It's ok to share cause no one here is going to talk shit to you or judge you in this place.

I think I don't want to botter anyone else with my problems because people already have their own problems to deal with, but sometimes I feel in a dead end. I lost confidence in my parents especially in my mother, that only screamed and beated me for wharever reason when I was a kid. She never had enough wisdom and pacience with me and sometimes I felt that she never wanted to have me. My "friends" were the worst, bullying me everytime because of my shyness and my father was equally immature as my friends. I know that I can count with some help here in the forum but I miss the hugs, the heat, the sensation of security and confidence in another person. I don't remember the last time I had it. But, despite of all this, I'm still glad that I can count with you guys to share this.

Kolisar

SF Supporter
@Steven2311. Sharing your problems with us is not bothering us with them. This is why we are here. We can also offer you a unique perspective that you may not be able to find elsewhere: We suffer from the same or similar issues.

Please know that we are here for you. We will not judge you, and we will be supportive.

Also, I can't speak fro others here but I have found great comfort in hearing the problems of others and trying to help. Hearing others experiences and perspectives has helped me deal with some of my (many) issues. So, you are not burdening anyone here by sharing your problems, you will be helping others.

Since my problems with depression and anxiety started I always had difficult to ask for help because I think they're my own responsability and nobody else can help and understand what's happening. I don't trust on anyone else to share my problems, like my family, friends and relatives, because they would only mock me about my difficult to deal with my own problems and I don't think they would know how to help me, they could even turn things worst. I'm confuse and furious about all this and don't know what to do. The point is: Who I should call for help since you don't trust anyone?
Trust is something that has to be earned, in my opinion. I am sorry that most of the people in your life are not trustworthy enough to hear your problems, because you do matter. If you ever feel nervous about posting your thoughts on here, just read some other forums and topics to see if the people talking are kind and patient enough to listen to what you want to say. I came on here because the kind of thoughts I have would upset the people I love. So being on here and explaining my issues with anxiety and depression will help me because I know I'll be around people that understand my pain and can talk me through it sensitively. Don't think that just because some of us might have gone through the same thing as you, that your experience will not be as important. We won't belittle you for having the same struggle that we have had, because we know what it's like and we care deeply. If anything, it makes us want to help you more. If you want to PM me, or someone who has been on here longer, or anyone else, don't be afraid to write down how you feel. The great thing about this place is not just that we are anonymous, it's also that it's a place where you won't be judged at all. I wish you well.

Trust is something that has to be earned, in my opinion. I am sorry that most of the people in your life are not trustworthy enough to hear your problems, because you do matter. If you ever feel nervous about posting your thoughts on here, just read some other forums and topics to see if the people talking are kind and patient enough to listen to what you want to say. I came on here because the kind of thoughts I have would upset the people I love. So being on here and explaining my issues with anxiety and depression will help me because I know I'll be around people that understand my pain and can talk me through it sensitively. Don't think that just because some of us might have gone through the same thing as you, that your experience will not be as important. We won't belittle you for having the same struggle that we have had, because we know what it's like and we care deeply. If anything, it makes us want to help you more. If you want to PM me, or someone who has been on here longer, or anyone else, don't be afraid to write down how you feel. The great thing about this place is not just that we are anonymous, it's also that it's a place where you won't be judged at all. I wish you well.
I think the “not bothering others” and lack of trust are two of the hardest things to overcome in talking bout problems. I felt I was bothering my counsellor and so gave it up. I am a fairly new member here and have gained so much strength just be reading posts and replies and seeing how many people are like me in some ways. These are truly fabulous people who have the time, the compassion, real caring and empathy to listen. Stay here Steven please and Trus them with yiur story. X

Pash69

SF Supporter
Hi Steven2311,
Welcome to the forum, i've suffered with severe anxiety and depression and like yourself I found it difficult to ask for help, for me it was because I was not aware I was ill at first then it was because I thought I could bully my way through,but the fact is I felt ashamed and embarrassed the littlest issue was suddenly huge, there was no way I could suffer with this! This was something that affected other people not me, how wrong I was, my wife dragged me to my doctors he explained the statistics with mental health and he signed me off work.
After that it was speaking to my local mental health team, medications and just talking, I think that was the hardest part for me i'm generally a private person and talking about myself is not something I like doing even this is proving difficult, but this is what I was told to do (it did help eventually).
I'm on the up now and have been medication free for just under a year and I feel that taking as much help as I could get helped me (it may not work for everyone). I discovered this site by accident but I have to say it's been a godsend when I feel like i'm slipping I come on here and realise I could help people with my experiences plus this site has wonderful people who only want to help.
I wish you all the luck in the world my friend you've made a great start.
Stay safe.

Lilyfrog

I am very similar to you about not sharing how I feel even with the closest of people sometimes its the harder things that we feel so bad at is the part that could help the most but it is getting past the fear.
It is the unknown that scares us the most. We dont know how people that are the closest to us will react if we never give them the chance to help. I know I havent got that courage as of yet either.
Not sure where you are but there is the Samaritans that you can also talk to and that is anon.
People here are very helpful and noone is a bother, there is always someone who will be about to discuss how you feel and help you explore things to get you thinking of ways round things

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00