i feel very desolate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PLEASEhelp, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLEASEhelp

PLEASEhelp Member

hello everyone,

i feel terrible today. i'm 24 and single. and i totally lost interest in my life.
    in fact i felt that terrible that i spoke with my best friend. he was that shocked because i felt suicidal that he wanted to call the ambulance. it was like i cant handle you , i get no time for you.
    im a student, but i dont see people there often.
    at my work im arounded by alot of girls, but they seem to ignore me. my best friend just told me it's probably because i always talk bad about me and that im just acting weird. it's just that im so depressed :(.
    my best freind said, i just have to get up, and that 50% of my bad moods and depression are just made up to get attention :(

well the interesting thing is i have a friend far away that i could visit. well i would fly there. he told me i can come, an stay as long as i wish, but my best frienmd told me that would just be running away from my problems. (i have debts,depression, no girlfriend, and work schedule + university).

what you people think about that?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi. The harsh reality is that most 'normal' people don't understand how depression works. You look normal on the outside, but you're dying on the inside. That's what makes is so hard to understand, if you're an outsider looking in. Also, don't let your age and relationship status bring you down. You're not too old. Heck, I'll be 30 in a couple of months and I'm single and still a virgin. How do you think that makes me feel? I'm sure you'll meet the right person eventually. Just don't give up. :hug:
  3. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

You should do what ever makes you happy, forget what other people think and all the drama mixed up with this society. I'm not telling you what to do because that decision is up to you, and only you, but in my opinion you should leave and visit your other friend. The most important thing you can do is find friends who will be supportive.
    It is not running away from your problems, it is overcoming them by not having those problems control you, because right now they are controlling how you feel. If the way you are currently living causes pain and depression in your life, then you need to change the way you live, or it will slowly kill you.
    The decision is up to you, put money/schedules aside for a second and really take the time to think, do you really think your life will be any better if you moved in with your other friend? If you answered that question honestly, then you should already know what you need to do.

Good luck with everything :)
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Firstly, is there a counseling service at your univ that you can speak to someone? Secondly, I think your friend was frightened and his advise reflected that...you should do what you think is best, and sometimes, it is to take a break and recharge...big hugs, J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.