I feel very down.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by UKguy, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKguy

UKguy Member

I feel very down at the moment and very tearful and have made a big mistake that I cannot possibly undo. I have to wait for 3 months for the results of some tests. I don´t really know if I can wait that long and I am terrified of the outcome.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey,

Want to tell us more about whats going on? What big mistake have you made? :hug:

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi, I've been through something where I had to have tests and then wait. It is gut wrenching, but I found that as is bothered me to no ends, I had to think about decisions I've made and what I plan to do in the future.

We're here if you want to talk more about it. :hug:

4. UKguy

UKguy Member

Its very personal but here goes.

I´ll give you a bit of background first. I tend to be a very anxious person by nature. I tend to focus on things that have not happened but that I believe, subconciously, have happened.

The mistake I feel I have made is that I have put myself at risk of contracting HIV (that is why I have to wait 3 months - this is so the antibodies to the virus can show up in the blood). I had sex outside of my relationship with someone else and, although I am sure there was no question of a condom not being used, I have got it into my head that somewhere or somehow during the sex, something went wrong. I don´t know if this is down to anxiety/paranoia. One of my friends (who is HIV positive) tells me that I am being paranoid and that I am imagining things. I can´t help worrying and feeling very depressed and down about it all.

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

That was the same kind of test I had and it is so hard to wait. Keep posting here as you need to.

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.