I feel very hopeless

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

This is frustrating because it seems like every month or so, I com around here just to say this. It seems pointless but I don't know how to not feel so bad or hopeless about life.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am sorry to hear you're feeling so hopeless. Do you want to vent about what is making you feel that way?

Are you getting any help to get you through these feelings? *hugs* If not I think it's time to get some counseling or therapy to help you feel better and give you some tools and techniques to move on from these emotions.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am sorry you are feeling so badly, doe talking help? Write out your thoughts and feelings and get that heavy weight off of your chest. You deserve better than this. I hope things improve for you. Are you seeking professional help and advice? If not, it's best to :)
    AdamTide likes this.
  4. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

If by help you all mean like stuff such as medication.......no, I don't do that. I had negative experiences with medication in the past. I am however strongly considering talking to a therapist once again as I took a couple of months away from talking to one after the mental health center just didn't really work for me.

What's going on is that I just feel like my life is very empty. Tomorrow will be two years of sobriety for me and I have also been working the same job ( albeit not my dream job) for the last couple of years and that has provided some financial stability. However, I am not happy with life. I still hurt from painful wounds from my past, particularly a rejection from a girl that happened seven years ago. Pathetic, I know. At 34 I continue to struggle with socializing with others. It's very shameful and embarrassing. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'll just stop here for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.