I feel weak today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right U R Ken

I don't know why it's so bad today. If it hits me at all it's usually at night. Doesn't usually hit me during the day. Seems bad that it has.

Ever since I came here I've realized that so many have it so much worse than me. I've spent more time trying to help if I can. I don't know if I have been any help but I'm trying.

But, I don't know, If I can't even help myself maybe I'm not much help to others. Maybe I should just check out

Last edited by a moderator:

smackh2o

SF Supporter
Whether you actually helped or not is not the question. You tried to help and that matters more. Helping people can be quite easy. Most people need someone to talk to who will listen and that's what you do. The hard part is curing them.
What is it that has hit you Right?

I get the impression reading through these posts that most people who come here are not looking for a cure or help, but some one who will give them the time to express how they feel without feeling patronised, victimised and laughed at. Just being there for someone to do this is whats important and be proud of the fact that people feel they can talk to you, its not an easy thing to do. Take some good from the fact that you were there for someone else, but always remember that here, there will always be someone here for you to....... and in this world today its rare and a shining light in a weary world

Vega

Right U R Ken,

If you can't help yourself, you can always help others who are trying to learn, and talk to some people that know how to help you. In the same aspect of trying to learn something new. (I'll use programming for an example) It's always said that starting out and learning from a newbie is easier than learning from a pro. That isn't always the truest form of the statement, but talk to someone who is in the same, or a similar at least position as you are. If that doesn't work, talk to someone who's gone through it, and come out all right. They can give you a push, or possibly a leaping bound in the right direction. However if you need an ear to listen or some such other, feel free to contact me on MSN. I have aim and yahoo screennames per request.

MSN: [email protected]

smackh2o

SF Supporter
Hey Vega, programmer as well :D
Definitly harder to learn from the pro's. I got burned by a pro ages ago because I didn't understand templates in c++. Still don't :'(

but always remember that here, there will always be someone here for you to....... and in this world today its rare and a shining light in a weary world
Simply beautiful Zaitsev.

Right U R Ken

What is it that has hit you Right?
The problem is extreme loneliness. There's more details then that but I cant go into it. All I need is to meet someone. Girls tell me I'm good looking, but for the life of me I can't meet one that's single. Every girl I meet is either married or has a boyfriend.

The sadness that goes with this usually only hits at night, but yesterday and again today it's hit me as soon as I wake up. Gets to be too much sometimes. Way too much .

smackh2o

SF Supporter
Is it that you want a girlfriend to understand the real you sort of thing. Or do you just want companionship. I can understand where your coming from. I was lonely as hell about 2 months ago and was ready to off myself. My last girlfriend I pushed away years ago. I was so lonely it hurt. And just as I was about to go I met a girl and she is awesome and is in touch with me in my mind.
There's always single girls out there, it just takes a bit of looking and stuff I spose. I can't really give you advice on it i'm afraid, i'm no cupid that's for sure. I bet others here can give you guru advice.

Those details must matter. How come you can't go into it. Are you lonely because no one knows what your going through and you find it impossible to tell them?
I can totally relate to you there if it is.

These feelings of lonliness your getting seem horrible if their affecting you in daytime now as well. At night I spose we don't have much to distract us so we really get in touch with our minds. But daytime should be constant distraction, unless you have nothing to do like me.
I know it isn't completely comforting like a live companion is but this site like Zaitsev said is always ready to listen to you without judgement.
Help and be helped dude.

Jodi

Staff Alumni
Right U R Ken,

Loneliness is very hard on the heart and very hard to live with and I can completly understand you feeling really uneasy around that. Many people find that the night time makes things harder for them. Do you have some buddies you can go to singles functions with to meet people? How about your local churches, many times they have singles dances. Not sure what you like to do, but thier is also online dating services that I hear are really good at matching people up, that might be something you might want to look into. Every one deserves to have a life partner to share thier days with and grow old with, and I do hope and pray you find that. Keep us up to date on things and let us know how your doing. Please take good care of yourself...best of luck to you ....-Jodi

Right U R Ken

Advice on what to do isn't going to help. I've tried all I can, no luck. It should be noted that I live in a small town. It's not like a bigger city with lots of single women. Quite the opposite. Almost every woman is married or has a boyfriend.There are no singles functions like dances. I also don't drink. So no going to bars for me. I have a hobby but it's one that women don't participate in much (paintball) I also go to the gym alot. No, no single women there either. It's just getting to be too much to deal with.

I feel this isent advice. more a mere observation, I once thought i could never be happy till i found some one who loved me , that happiness can only be found in the arms of another. I spent time searching for that one person that would make my life complete and make me happy, then , starnge as it sounds, one day i realised i relied too much on everyone else to make me happy. I realised that maybe the only person who can control whether i am to happy is me. I do know of course there are extrensic factors that make us happy, but we always seem to forget there are more intrinsic ones, above anyone else we know, we know what makes ourselves happy, and if ourselves are the only people we can we rely on....... its better then having no one at all

Take Care
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00