I feel worthless to everyone

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mark Lennon, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Mark Lennon

Mark Lennon New Member

I don't know where to turn or what to do next. I feel as though the world would be better off without me.
    I have a gambling addiction which I have never been able to control, another month has arrived where I am penniless! I have tried various therapies and groups to no avail. I have lost everything worthy of keeping in my life
  2. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi Mark,
    I'm sorry your addiction has left you penniless, I just hope that you can hit your "rock bottom" so they say, and be able to turn things around for yourself. I know that's not much but I wanted to just show you some support and tell you that you're not alone. My addiction isn't gambling, but when I'm feeling low, I tend to self-harm, it became an addiction for years. It's still hard to control.
    Mark Lennon likes this.
  3. MusicalHeart

MusicalHeart Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about that. But listen, there is always something worth keeping your life for. Sometimes you just don't know it yet. We all have the potential to do greater things in life. Don't give up hope, you need to keep holding on. Please don't take your life. I'm here if you want to talk.
    Mark Lennon likes this.
  4. Mark Lennon

Mark Lennon New Member

Many thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that you also suffer. I hope that you too can overcome this.
    Frances M likes this.
  5. Mark Lennon

Mark Lennon New Member

Thank you very much for replying. It's reassuring to know that someone is out there.
    Frances M likes this.
  6. JustCan'tQuit

JustCan'tQuit Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,

I'm so sorry to read about your struggle. It's not uncommon to have a gambling problem, and it doesn't make you worthless.

Is gambling the whole story? For many people, it's a way to blot out other pain. If so, then of course gambling treatment won't be enough on its own.

The world wouldn't be better off without you, Mark--but you would be better off without some of this anguish.

What would you prefer your life to look like? Are there some steps you can begin to take in a desired direction?

And if there are deeper issues, can you find someone to talk to about them, so you can begin to resolve them?

Don't give up. There's one very important thing you've not lost in your life, and that's you. As long as you're still here, there's every chance you can create a better future.