I feel worthless

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jacob SB, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Jacob SB

Jacob SB Member

Im always told im not wanted and not needed. My parents are always telling me im just a burden and my grades are bad so they keep threatening to throw me out. She says that if i wasnt there she would have more money for herself. I dont ever leave my house to see friends so i dont believe anyone would miss me if i go. I feel so worthless as if my life means nothing
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Is moving out an option. Your parents do not sound healthy fordoct. Are you seeing a counsellor or doctor?
  3. Piexes

Piexes Active Member

Your parents are not good parents, what they are doing is ugly and inhumane. Try to drown their voices out while you try to get to a place where you can move out. They are making the self-destructive tendencies of your brain stronger and louder, and you must fight it. Your life is for you to live, not for them to drag down.
    moxman likes this.
  4. Jacob SB

Jacob SB Member

I cant move out im only 18 and i dont have the money and no im not seeing a counsellor or doc. My moms always threatening to throw me out, and tells the rest of my family not to help me if she did.
  5. Piexes

Piexes Active Member

I wonder if the rest of the family would listen to her, or if they are better people. If she really does it, there might be a homeless youth shelter near you.
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Issue is at 18 / particularly once finished school, many peopel sincerely believe that a person should be providing for their own or contributing in some way. Once over 18 /out of school there is no obligation for providing support to a child and any support given is purely on their own terms. Am not at all saying it is right or okay- just saying that it is the old traditional train of thought in many places that at 18 a person should be largely independent. For your own sake I would really recommend trying to find a job/part time and saving money to move or offering to help cover expenses so you do nto stay dependent on others for support and have the option of making your own choices (on things like where to live) .
  7. I'm sorry your parents are treating you so harshly. Know that you are wanted and needed out there in the world. If your parents don't appreciate you, that's not your fault. You just have to do the best you can. Maybe they'll come around one day and your relationship with them could improve? In any event, hopefully you and your parents can have good conversations to mend fences and whatnot. All-in-all though, I hope you feel better
  8. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I was always told by my mother that she wishes she had 5 sons, she had one son and four daughters. She hated us girls and was very clear in showing it. As soon as I graduated high school at age 17, I got a job at Dunkin Donuts...I had the midnight to 6am shift decorating donuts in a very sleezy area of the downtown city where I lived. I moved into an equally crappy basement studio. But I decided then that there was no way I was spending one more minute in that house. I had to put my schooling on hold while I got my young life together. Sometimes you need to make a tough decision to make your life better and to give yourself a better chance.

I hope that you can find a way to cope and do what's best for yourself. It's a scary thought to be out on your own, I know that. Take care of yourself.