I finally did it

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jewel 24, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

I finally cut myself. Its on my leg where nobody can see and it was not even deep enough to bleed...this time. I have been "clean" for 3 years and today I just couldn't cope. I know that its downhill from here. Its an addiction and its all or nothing. It feel so good though!
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

three years? you put me to shame. Seriously though, just because you slipped up doesnt mean you are back at square one again. you managed to stop for 3 yeras before that, so it's quite possible for you to be able to do it again. thinking of ya. :hug:

3. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

Three years?!?!? wow! im loosing my f-ing mind and its only been a few months!
  4. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

Thnx for the encouragement guys. You are right if I was able to stop for 3yrs I can do it again. I just need to cut it out now b4 it becomes a habit again.
  5. Jewel 24

Jewel 24 Active Member

And a couple of months can turn into a couple of years. That's how I did it. It was one day at a time and then one month at a time and then a couple of months at a time and then finally 3 years. Each day is a victory...celebrate it!
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

You can do it again!
    Im ashamed now... i manage only 21 days:(
  7. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

Wow you have given me hope! I went 3 months without cutting and then this last weekend I cut, but if you can do it for 3 years then I can start again fresh and work for 3 months again.
  8. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

And I slipped at four months.. Oh well, different people.
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

It sure is possible to give up compulsive cutting. In my opinion, it's just like compulsive gambling. It's hard to give up and addictive, but it can be overcome if you have enough will power. I'm glad that you were able to resist the urge to cut for 3 years Jewel, and I'm also glad that you only scratched yourself this time. Try hard to resist the urge to cut. There has to be something better you can do to release stress/tension.
  10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I am so very happy for you!! This is a huge achievement, sweetie. Congrats!! I'm sure that you will be able to keep it up. You are strong. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.