I finally thought I was starting to get over my ex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Thinice, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

Not a chance. I saw a picture of her earlier and I just burst into tears. She's selfish, she's cold, she's heartless, but she's so beautiful and funny and intelligent. I'd give anything to have her back in my arms. I hate her but I love her as well. There's nobody else for me, I just want her.

I need her back.
  2. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Like any bereavement the only cure is time. Sorry but that's the way it is. It is bereavement, you have suffered the loss of something hugely significant to you and your life and its loss was beyond your control.

I do though know exactly how you feel, you could've in fact been writing about one of my ex's and exactly how I felt about her and the whole sistuation. Exactly how I felt.

Time my friend............Sit tight.
  3. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I know it's no use saying why would you want a cold person in your life because I'm the same, I fell for more than one heartless hazard and logic doesn't seem to sink in until you step back and spend time away from them.

Trust me, the more time you spend away from this person, the more the rose-tinted glasses will fade. You will suddenly start to remember what you hated about her. Before you know it you will be questioning why you ever saw anything in her.

Most people on Earth who have dated someone have looked back at least once and said "what was I thinking..." I have a strong feeling the same thing will happen to you.

I actually recommend a song for you by a band called Lush, the song is called "ciao!" it really puts breaking up with someone into perspective.