I find it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it absoloutely wrong that people are getting put on moderation for simple and trivial things when there are people posting on threads with not only rude but insulting things and nothing is being done. I could sit here and give you an example of a thread but I'm sure most of the mods know which thread I'm talking about. I think its out of control that certain people can get away with so much but others make a simple comment and they get yelled at.

Instead of moding people for simple things why not mod people for telling others just to go kill themselves. Just a thought?!

Bob26003

I know Vikkil, but I still wanted to apologize. I was wrong. What I said was disrespectful and out of line. I know that. But I cant turn back time. :sad:

Yeah i know you can't turn back time but how about just dropping the subject? You've said your sorry now i think its time to leave it be? and let the thread get back to its purpose.

Sa Palomera

I think the moderators do a good job on this forum with putting people under moderation. As far as I know most people, if not everyone who's being put under moderation deserves it.
We all have to take into consideration that there are SO many members on this forum and SO many posts are being made, that's hard to keep up with for the moderators.
I do get where you're coming from, but this is just me speaking as an admin and moderator at several forums.

Listen,
Mods do an excellent job at modding BUT when someone straight out says go kill yourself it's not right..theres a fine line between ignoring things and modding people.

Sa Palomera

Listen,
Mods do an excellent job at modding BUT when someone straight out says go kill yourself it's not right..theres a fine line between ignoring things and modding people.
True but sometimes mods don't see something straight away because of the huge amount of posts. and about putting people under moderation, we only have a few administrators and they are the only ones who can put people under moderation and we have 2 supermods who are the only ones, apart from admins, who can ban people. I think they would feel like they need to talk to the other staffmembers first before they would really do something. So I guess it does take a bit of time to undertake any action.

Yeah thats true Est but i think the point Kells is trying to make is that people are going round saying VERY triggering things and nothings been done about it. I've seen it myself. Yet people's post's are being modded for trivial things. If someone states an opinion on something then they get 'told off' but it seem that when people say potentially triggering things that its left to slide past. I thought Kells was talking about peoples post's being modded for trivial things rather than people being put under moderation because i think most people under moderation do deserve it. But thats just my take on it.

Ps. get to bed Est :whip:

Kell we can't be aware of it if no one tells us. Please pm me or one of the other staff if you see something that violates the rules going on, you know that we're only human and miss things sometimes. Also, please know that moderation isn't a punishment. It's done so we can keep on top of someone's behaviour, often for their own good so they can keep getting support instead of being banned. If someone does something one time and it's doubtful they'll do it again we don't put them under moderation to teach them a lesson, hopefully the distain they are treated with by the rest of the members is punishment enough.

Ruby

I'm just curious to know what's classed as a 'triggering thing'. This is 'suicideforum', which is self explanatory. What do you expect?

Well considering this is a pro life forum, i think its quite obvious that someone should not say something triggering. By triggering i mean, saying something that will upset or hurt a person. Such as 'go cut your self' or people encouraging others to go kill themselfs, both of which i have seen on this forum. Hope i made my point clearer.

Ruby

Calm down.

I don't agree with people telling people to go and cut themselves. If you read my post correctly then you'll see that I wanted to know what was classed as being triggering. For some it could be, ''I'm going to kill myself later''. Or even. Get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't having a go lol sorry if you took it that way, was not meant in that way at all! :smile: was simply trying to address what u said in a correct way. I think most people will know a triggering thing when they see it and usually it is reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00