i found myself on a bridge

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by liveinhope, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

omg what is happening to me had a ral bad night friday and ended up on a bridge called the samaritans who arrange a taxi and i spent 6 hours in their office for my own safety they wanted to call the police but are not allowed so asked me to call a friend and ask her to i did call her and asked her to call the police but she wouldnt she said it would have to manyimplications for me if i did i really dont know what happening to me right now and its scaring me to hell

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm so glad you called the samaritans and managed to get somewhere safe for the night. it tells me that some small part of you still wants to live. nurture that part of you... it can only grow with time and one day this will seem like a bad dream.

as you we both know these feelings come in waves. now is the time to put some supports together before the next wave comes. i can't remember, are you seeing a counsellor? can you make an emergency appointment for tomorrow? can you ask your friend to stay with you tonight? just thinking ahead....

thank you for making that call.

3. liveinhope

yes i ee a councellor twice a week i see her tuesday so i will tell her what happened the samaritans were really lovely but theyare not allowed to do anthing to have u admitted thats why they asked me to get a friend to call the police but she just wouldnt:sad: i wish she had i told her things are out of control and its what i needed her to do

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm so glad that you called the samaritans and did not jum patience. That was truly courageous of you. That also shows that deep down you want to fight to survive. Try your best to hang on. :hug:

5. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

this reminds me of when i found myself up on a window sill this week and I cant remember climbin up there or anything at all...

Dawn, Id give anything to help you x

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it's so hard in the middle of a crisis to know what you need, let alone get the words out to ask for it.

could you say to your friend, if i call you from the samaritans (... or, substitute whatever the scenario might be, like because i am scared...) will you go with me to the hospital? or to your doctor's office? whatever the plan is.

it took great courage to reach out for help friday. do not give up. help is on the way!

7. liveinhope

she was scared that if she called the police it would have really serious impacts on my job and she was right but if i had jumped the job is irrelivant as i told her

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dawn I wish so badly that I could be there for you right now. I'm so proud of you for making the call and making the situation safe!!! And it sounds like you have found somewhere deep inside a strength you didn't know you had. Please Dawn, tell your counsellor about Friday and see if he/she cant help you to find the help you're seeking. Hun, I really think it's time for the hospital. Even for just a couple of days until the crisis passes. It will give you a chance to be free of teh everyday stresses you are facing and some much needed down time. Please Dawn consider it. I'm praying for you dear.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad you phoned the samaratins :hug: I hope you are safe and well now.

10. liveinhope

I haveno idea where that strength came from,im drained and agree ithink its time for hospital to i know i cant go on like this becouse if i do im sure i will die thank you for your repliesx

11. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

patience, the most important thing is to be safe.
    if you do go to the hospital we will be right here for you when you get back.
    stay strong,
    catherine

12. liveinhope

thank you things have just got tough again but i can at least see that so ill tell her tomorrow and just nsee what happens. thanks

13. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can someone who knows what is going on stay with you tonight? i ask because the night before a big decision like that is always treacherous for me... i panic and start to think "this is my last chance to carry through on my plans"... which of course is never true.

having someone with you, not to talk everything over but just for companionship might help,

c

14. liveinhope

non not really becouse from the outside and to them i am ok so its admitting that yet again im not the kids are home so im not alone ill just have to get through tonight and remain determined to be as honest as i can with her tomorrow, i know it will be difficult admitting to another person how i really feal has always been my downfall even if she is a counsellor, but im going to do my best i cant do that again it was to close

15. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

omg! :hug: Dawn! Stay Safe!

16. liveinhope

:sad::hug: Shad

17. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dawn, I'm there to pull some strength from hun. PM me and let me remind you just how wonderful and important a person you are to so many others. You can do it girl!!! Don't expect you to swim laps, but rather just keep treading until you get to that appointment and get some help. I'm here for ya Dawn.

18. liveinhope

thank you all of you you have helped me through today im still going to tell all tomorrow but im flagging i must admit my mood is sinking fast i have to do this i will tell her i hope she listens

19. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

write it all down, all the scary details, and do your best to not get distracted or minimize, okay? it will be okay. i know she will be glad you were able to be so honest. it helps her be better able to figure out - with you - what your options are.

how are you feeling tonight?

20. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Hi patience, you were in a terrible crises and I'm glad you got some support from Samaritans.

Are you concerned about your job if you stay in hospital? Unfortunatley, the stigma of mental health issues deters alot of people from seeking help. How do you feel about it all, what will help you to get on the road to recovery?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.