i fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_chaos

I fell for an online relationship
And gave them my bank account information. God I've got to be the stupidest person alive. Now I don't know what's going to happen? They are expecting me to take the money out of the account and money gram it to their (lawyer) they keep texting and calling.they took money out of another account I had and acting like they know nothing about it. I stopped texting and taking their calls. I hope they don't try and say I stole their money. I talked to the bank and froze the account and most likely the 5k that is pending will be denied and sent back, I hope that's the case. I told them as emberresing as it was that I gave out my account info. I was stupid and sent this person $200 last month. Plus the $25 today that they decided to take out themselves. And tried sending the 5k to my other account. The 5k is still pending. I am having incredibly severe anxiety and panic attacks. I thought I had bad anxiety. This is a whole new level. I was hoping by ignoring them they would realize their busted. My heart drops with every text and calls.
Dose anyone here work for a bank and have some advice? Or any kind of ideas none to big or to small Please thanks you!

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello, you need to tell your bank straight away and explain what happened. Also take drastic action such as closing the account and opening a new account. Tell the police and give them details of who you have been talking too. If you have a phone number then this can be traced. These scammers must be stopped. Police have powers to track and trace ip-addresses of these scammers. Remember YOU ARE NOT STUPID as this happened a lot and please do not be scared.

You bank might be possible refund your money but that will depend on there own bank policy. Some banks might not cover the money lost as they might state it was you own fault. If so, you have learnt from your mistakes. If I have come accross horrible in anyway then please accept my apologies.

silent_chaos

1 account is frozen. That's the one that has the pending 5k. And the other bank was closed and opened a new account. They put in an alert email that nothing to go in the old account. Even though its closed. I'm so worried about getting the police involved. I'm so embarrassed.

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
There s nothing to be embarrassed about as you was scammed. The police are use to this and if you explain this they should be understanding. If someone takes amusement out of this misfortunate mistake then they are very shallow. Perhaps a good approach would be to take a friend with you for moral support and also speak to a female officer. Speaking to a female officer will be easy than a male counterpart. You will be fine, there should no sniggering as the police ave to act professionally.

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
There is nothing to be embarrassed about as you was scammed. The police are use to this and if you explain this they should be understanding. If someone takes amusement out of this misfortunate mistake then they are very shallow. Perhaps a good approach would be to take a friend with you for moral support and also speak to a female officer. Speaking to a female officer will be easy than a male counterpart. You will be fine, there should no sniggering as the police have to act professionally.
. Corrected the spelling mistakes.

silent_chaos

I kept the text messages about this whole thing. How do they get IP address? I think that's the only way to get them. I'm sure there using fake phones

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am sorry that you are crying but you need a face to face meeting with bank. You gave done nothing wrong and the people should have been more understanding. No more crying as I know you are hurting. Please be reassured that you have done nothing wrong. Please contact the police. Do not worry, I will help you get this worrying time. We are here for you.

ThePhantomLady

Safety and Support
SF Supporter
Keep all the evidence you can.

You have to remember this has happened so many times before. You are not alone about this. The people who do these things are very skilled and smooth about how they do it.
Don't blame yourself. Good to hear you've frozen and closed your accounts!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am so sorry this happened to you, I know of a guy that had 10k stolen from a current account and he did not get it back, i'm unsure of the circumstances but as unknown has said they are law enforcement and must act professionally. I wish you the best, you're not the first and won't be the last to have this happen to you. Good luck with everything and please don't feel embarrassed, keep talking to us if it helps.

silent_chaos

I can't meet the bank face to face there is no branch here! There only in Boston and NY. And I'm from Oregon.

I am sorry that you are crying but you need a face to face meeting with bank. You gave done nothing wrong and the people should have been more understanding. No more crying as I know you are hurting. Please be reassured that you have done nothing wrong. Please contact the police. Do not worry, I will help you get this worrying time. We are here for you.

silent_chaos

They keep texting me telling me good morning and asking if I'm OK. The person doesn't know that I know. I know eventually she's going to flip out on me. I told her I didn't want to open an account in the first place but she convinced me. I got a call at 3am from Minnesota. I don't know anyone from there. Its not a creditor at 3am.

silent_chaos

Called the bank again and said that the funds have posted to the account and its just waiting for the other bank it came from to release the funds. I'll call the one bank R and the other one U. The bank had a deposit from U bank. But U bank doesn't have anything showing up. She's saying the funds came from another account I'll call it B. but the B bank has the same exact account # as my U account. All 9 numbers the same. My U bank put a urgent fax into corpret to not let any funds into it. She keeps calling me.

silent_chaos

She's trying hard to convince me that its her money. And that if she doesn't get it I'm going to pay for it. I'm still waiting for the fraud department to call me. We will see tomorrow if its really her money or if she took it from my other bank. I'm so stressed its unbelievable. I've lived where I am 30 years and I turned the wrong way on a 1 way street. I talked to my therapist and she said just to be honest and ride it out. And to chill out. How the hell do you chill out? Until then I just feel stupid. And learned my lesson.

BBM77

She's trying hard to convince me that its her money. And that if she doesn't get it I'm going to pay for it. I'm still waiting for the fraud department to call me. We will see tomorrow if its really her money or if she took it from my other bank. I'm so stressed its unbelievable. I've lived where I am 30 years and I turned the wrong way on a 1 way street. I talked to my therapist and she said just to be honest and ride it out. And to chill out. How the hell do you chill out? Until then I just feel stupid. And learned my lesson.
It sounds like the money being taken from you, may make it seem like it's "her" money. When it more than likely, isn't. She's got no grounds to be authorize what's isn't and is hers judging by the story you've told.

You really need to put your foot down and go with the flow. Get over your fear of calling that person out for their wrongs of any kind. The worst that can happen, really, is that you get told that it was your responsibility and nothing is done. But, even then, that doesn't mean you should lay down and die for it. I'd cut my losses, make a new account and DON'T give that kind of information out again.

silent_chaos

I am going to cut my loses of $225 but I just want the 5k to go back where it came from and then I'm going to shut that account down. I still haven't gotten a call yet. I told her the account got frozen and boy did she let me have it. This morning she said good morning baby asking me if I'm ok. I think she's still just trying to be all sweet to try and get that money. But I know whatever happens the relationship is over. I haven't been saying much to her to think I still want the relationship.

silent_chaos

Even though the transactions are going nowhere. Now my mind is running. Thinking she's going to have someone and have them pose as the fraud department. They aske security questions to identify myself. My ss# my mother's maiden name. My trust is null. How do I have them identify them self. What questions should I ask them? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00