i fucked up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by degraded, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degraded

degraded New Member

I am in college and missed my final exam for one of my classes and even though i had an A in the class I ended up failing. Now I lost my scholarship and I don't even know what to tell my parents besides that fact that I am an utter failure and disappointment. I have a pistol that I have been staring at all day and I just don't know what to do. There is no way in hell that I could tell them. If it comes down to it I will have to leave a note behind.

2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i am glad you came to s.f.

the fact that you are reaching out here, is proof that you know harming yourself or ending your life, is not the answer

i hope you will stay here, and talk, and lean on us for support.

think this through. right now it seems like a huge mountain, but in the big picture of your whole life ahead, it is a small hill. we all make mistakes honey, and your parents have made mistakes too.

there are always solutions to problems. always. pm if you want to talk, please stay with us and don't give up. we care about you :hug:

3. DiscoverPeaceOfMind

DiscoverPeaceOfMind Active Member

Stand tall, face the world in the eye, and, courageously, just state the facts. should take less than 2 minutes.
    No matter what the response, keep standing tall. Honesty and courage will make you feel better under duress.

Check out the book, 'The 1 Minute Apology' which is really a book on courage.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

You aren't a failure or a disappointment. A mistake was made but mistakes can always be resurrected.
    Tell your parents - likelihood is their response will not be the one you were expecting.

Whenever I feel like I have disappointed people, I try to remember (and remind them) that it is MY life and when things go wrong, who will suffer? Only me.
    Sit down with yourself or maybe the dean and talk things over, maybe see a professional counsellor or even a guidance counseller or a careers advisor about what your options are now. There are always other avenues and you will find one. We all make mistakes but that doesn't mean life is over - there are always options.

Hold your head up, things will work out in time

5. AnnaRose

AnnaRose New Member

Hey, don\'t think like that. There are always alternatives. Just because you lost your scholorship, doesnt mean that your parents are going to think that youre a failure. You just gotta face the world, things like this can happen, and do happen.

6. acalthu

acalthu Member

Why did you miss the exam?

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Degraded,

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you found us.

I hope you didn't do anything harmful. :(

Is there anyway you can re sit the exam or even resit it next year?
    I'm sure your parents have made mistakes at some point in their lives too,please tell them .. :hug:

8. Roads

Roads Active Member

I hope you at least tried contacting the professor and the dean of the college and exhausted everything you could to try and take that exam.

Don't shoot yourself over it though, you can retake failed classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.