I get really upset and self-conscious ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

... whenever other girls talk about how curves are better, and boys like curvy girls better than anorexic ones ... because, obviously, any girl who is less than a size 10 is anorexic ...

I don't think I have an eating disorder, but to be honest I'm not really sure ... I just know I want to be thin. But when did thin suddenly become the new ugly? I don't want to gain weight, but I'm afraid to lose it because people will think I'm even uglier than I already am ... I'm not sure if I'm making sense. I'm just so torn.

Does anyone else get really depressed when "normal" or "bigger" girls call thin ones, "The Anorexics"?
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Don't have much to say other than haters gonna hate. People are always going to be jealous and try to cut other people down that they perceive as threats. Just have to learn to be happy with yourself.
  3. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

They're probably just as insecure as you are, hence the need to make such comments.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Just be yourself.. Don't worry about what the other girls are saying.. Being thin will attract more boys...
  5. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I myself am a size 10/12, and I don't interpret 'curvy' as 'big'. When a guy says he likes curvy girls, in my mind at least, it means a girl who has some shape. A waist, hips, breasts - ie someone not built like an ironing board who disappears when she turns to one side.

Girls can be bitches, but the best thing to do is to concentrate on being happy with yourself. Self-confidence makes a girl more attractive no matter what shape she is, so try to love yourself :hug: Datura is right, too - girls who make comments like that are often just as insecure. We're all looking at each other wishing we could look like that.
  6. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

Physical attractiveness cannot be reduced to any one particular physical aspect like curves or whatever. I speak as a guy who finds women attractive.

There are plenty of beautiful women who don't have the typical curvy feminine shape.

It is true that extreme thinness (looking emaciated) is not attractive. But then it's not healthy either, which should be a bigger concern than attractiveness.
  7. unwinged

unwinged Well-Known Member

i tend to like fatty(ish) men sometimes...

girls?, hmm they can be cudly, but can get jealous if you're skinnier, in my experience..:(. i used to be very slim and was called anorexic. now i just try to be average, 10/12..
  8. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

People have different tastes and types. Some people like thicker, some people like thinner. My friends and I have different tastes most of the time. they say that I have bad taste when I tell them so and so is hot. Sometimes they'd be like "eh, she's okay." when she is completely sexy to me. People like different things!
  9. loser

loser Well-Known Member

I think you are probably rather attractive person and some others a bit jealous.
    Just make sure you have healthy diet. Eggs are very good for you as the yolk has important nutrients and the fat in eggs makes these easy for your body to absorb.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.