* I give up, life is hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, life is truly hopeless for me. I know I will continue to live on as long as I am still alive, but I am just meant to exist, and nothing else. I been lonely for the last 10 years without any kind of support. I been seeking support via several therapists, counseling groups, and even a psychiatrist, but nothing has been working. I try joining various clubs, student organizations, recreational activities, social gatherings, Fraternity, parties to get myself out there and try to meet people, but life just wouldn't let me. I try to talk to my parents about my problems but they don't want to hear it, they rather talk about something else other than my problems. It get even harder when not even your own family will lend you an ear. From here on out, I'm on my own, whether if I hit the dust or reach toward the sky, I will experience and make those choices alone. I'm in colleges hours away from my families, with hardly any friends, with barely passing grades, and with the struggle to continue living life, sometime I think it just too much for me.

I could quit college, and ruin my future or I can continue living a lonely life at college. Either way, both choice don't make sense. All the lonely weekend nights I have to endure, all the time I spent eating alone in the dinning hall, all the time watching happy people in groups with their friends and love one, when is it just too much to handle?

LastCrusade

well wad can i say? you can just go out to meet people and expect to strike instant friendships. take a hard look at yourself and see if you have any bad habits , behavioural / personality problems that you can improve on. Perhaps you may an introvert. All these can be changed. From your post, you mentioned that you go around seeking support from many people. Well, people are more interested in friendships rather than listening to problems the moment you get to know then. So perhaps you can try to get to be interested in them first, develop the friendship then only confide your problems to them. But IMHO, quality friendships takes time to cultivate and not created like instant noodles. If you have any personailty problems, you can always change. And as such, it's not the end of the world. You can also ask your close friends about how they think of you? Maybe they can point out some weaknesses in you that you might have failed to realize all this while. Anything is possible and so is CHANGE.

i agrea life is fucked. but if you give up, you give in too all theses evil fucking people that inhabit this earth. dont let the evil fuck heads win. fight them.

well wad can i say? you can just go out to meet people and expect to strike instant friendships. take a hard look at yourself and see if you have any bad habits , behavioural / personality problems that you can improve on. Perhaps you may an introvert. All these can be changed. From your post, you mentioned that you go around seeking support from many people. Well, people are more interested in friendships rather than listening to problems the moment you get to know then. So perhaps you can try to get to be interested in them first, develop the friendship then only confide your problems to them. But IMHO, quality friendships takes time to cultivate and not created like instant noodles. If you have any personailty problems, you can always change. And as such, it's not the end of the world. You can also ask your close friends about how they think of you? Maybe they can point out some weaknesses in you that you might have failed to realize all this while. Anything is possible and so is CHANGE.
I don't have any bad habit, and I usually just goes to gathering to talk to people. I'm not there to expect people to become my friends, I act very casual and pretend everything is OK. No I think you misunderstood me, I only seek support through my therapists, and I try to make friends when I'm at any sort off gathering. My personality would be best describe as nice and a bit shy, but once I'm drunk, not so much anymore. My friend doesn't think there anything wrong with me, I'm a lot better since my social anxiety die down a bit now.

~Claire

Hi Lonely Child,

Welcome to SF :welcome:. I hope you'll find the support you need here.

We're a friendly bunch & if you ever want to talk feel free to PM me.

Take care & stay safe, Claire xx

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Your better off than me. You are at least making efforts to make friends and socialize whereas I don't even try period at college, I'm sure part of it is the depression talking. I've been here on these forums and can't even connect here, I just can't or don't want to try anything. I'm just a zombie and I have no ambition, no hopes. There's something very big and tough in the way that's preventing me from living a normal, happy life, my life is far from that right now.

I'm sorry that your attempts so far to socialize have been unsuccessful. What exactly is happening in you being rejected, do you know or can guess why its happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
you do sound lonely,that must be hard.It is sad that your parents do not want to lend an ear,that must hurt.I see you have alot of self confidence to sit alone at dining halls.That is a good quality,many people do not have enough self esteem to do that and think that there is something wrong with them if they sit alone.But they are wrong.It is perfectly fine to sit alone at a dining hall and just relax ,it does not mean a person is rejected at all,they are just content to eat alone.At parties or gatherings,it is totally okay to watch people,no need to try to fit in,no need to feel uncomfortable or insecure,or fear rejection ,just be content to watch,there is nothing wrong with that.If you happen to see someone you want to say hi to or strike up a conversation with, feel free to do so,however if they are not in the mood to talk that is okay,it is not personal,it is not you,do not feel rejected,do not be angry at them,just accept it,if you want to try again with someone do so or just be content to watch.Be self confident,smile at people,be friendly, relax,if some one wants to be friendly and chat ,great you will both be blessed,if not stay in a good mood.If you feel tired stay home and read, write, draw or whatever or just lounge,accept it ,this does not mean you are unlovable,just resting and relaxing comfortable with yourself.If you get bored go out to a gathering if you meet some one great,if not still okay.Maybe you could join a soup kitchen or volunteer at a mission or literacy program or something.Anyway after you stop fearing being alone,I bet you start making friends.Church could be a great comfort and place to meet people as well.I hope this helps you out.I do not think it will benefit you to just give up or get determined to stay alone because of hurt or a grudge or anything.Just be patient,things will fall into place.Life will go well for you.take care
annrobert

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
hey. . .you are most welcome here. i hope you find support and friendship here - i certainly have - and still do. . .

sorry things are so tough for you now - making friends is really hard - because you need to 'click' with someone. and that is not always easy......i am sure you'll find some friends here - and maybe we can see you through these bad times. .. . ..to better days. wishing you the best
pm anytime hun :hug:

lonely child,
I just realized that maybe I did not seem to be understanding in my post.I do understand ,I was hoping to give you encouragement in your situation and ideas that may be helpful.Anyway I hope I did not sound unempathetic and I hope it does encourage you.I am going through absolutely hell and horror right now in my life and have been for a long time now.I amost never leave my house and only when I absolutely have to.Welcome to SF and I hope you find lots of help here as I am dure you will.take care
annrobert

Thank You everyone.

I am actually not able to sit in the dinning hall alone anymore, I will either wait for my friend or starve like the past few days. I get mighty jealous of other people and almost everything triggers me. I am not putting on another strap just to be put down again. I hate being here on this very planet, with this kind of life, always having to search, to try, while it come so easy and so natural to other. My problems are far too complicated to describe in a few pages. Sometime I feel it best that no one know me, don't have any friend, no family, so I can die or live in peace. My health is dying, and here I am worrying about my essay and mid-term :laugh:. I constantly have to worry, have to succeed but for what? I'll probably kill myself in the near future once I graduate, once my parents are decease, then I'll probably look back at my life one last time and laugh about it. Laugh at all the bullshit, bullies, racist, hatred, and evilness off the world put on by society toward me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00