I give up too

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by neverdie, Aug 17, 2007.

1. neverdie

neverdie Guest

I don't know why I keep trying. Maybe cause I'm just so lonely. I've got ad's looking for someone on all the dating sites, and I still get no responce. I don't understand what's wrong with me. I think I'm a funny guy, yet women are only attracted to the young, and phyically fit.

Most of the staff memebers at work are under the age of 30, all they want to do is drink and party. I was invited to the bar, but what am I going to do there? I don't drink anymore nor have I been in a bar for 20 years.

So I declined going. I'm surrounded by kids, any adult's are married or other wise attached. Being alone sucks. Sure there are people I chat with on msn, but when there isn't phyical contact, it's just not the same.

I guess I'm just bound to be alone for the rest of my life. Ah well, I'm sure it won't be that long of a life anyway. Our family history is really rocky after the age of 50. a few more years of misery, I can handle that.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Don't give up neverdie. I can understand the way you feel. I am not sure online dating services are the best thing anyway. You seem like an ambitious fun person. 50 is not all that old despite your family history. How is your health currently? Do you get out much besides going to work. I know you have hobbies and things you enjoy doing. You are right when you say friendships online are not quite the same as when you have physical contact, but maybe once these friendships are developed, you may meet some of them. I do know that some of the people I have met I consider to be very good friends and i would not give them up for anything. Take care and i hope things change for you soon. :hug:
  3. Barbados

Barbados Well-Known Member

Look for people who shares passions and ways of thinking / living, not to go by appearences.
  4. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Ah huh. :dry:
  5. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Just want to say i think you should be at least a little bit proud of yourself for even registering on all those sites....I couldnt do it. Lets hope the worm turns for you soon.
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Please dont give up :hug: