1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stranger1, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    I just received a letter from the Dept.Of Treasury, They took my stimulous check and sent it to New York for money owed on my daughter. I paid those asswipes off along time ago. Hell my daughter is 24 yrs.old. It just gave me that little push to end it. I don't need this shit.
    You might not hear from me again because I will be dead!!! I
    can't fuckin beleive this. I fought with those people until I was blue in the face. I over paid them and they still said I owe them more. My Court order was here in Florida. I went down and got a copy of my payments, right at the bottum it said amout owed:$0.00. I am so pissed I want to strangle someone. Screw it they won't get anymore of my money...
  2. innocencexisxlove

    innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

    Stranger, that is sooo out of line of them to do that. It's like, ridiculous.

    Well... I'm sorry this is going on.. It totally sucks.

    :hug: sorry.. it's all I can offer.. if you need to talk, PM me.

    Hope you stick around.
  3. dazzle11215

    dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

    how frustrating. i got a tax bill on taxes paid in 2006 last month. 3,000 bucks pay immediately please. i was so angry and upset about it.

    still, i have to say it: you have come so far. you are making friends here and we'd all miss you. please don't let that stupid bureaucracy be the straw that broke the camel's back. do you have a care worker or social worker? let them argue your case. sooner or later the $$ will be reinstated to you.
  4. Sadeyes

    Sadeyes Staff Alumni

    I just hate when I feel that I cannot take anymore and then something like this happens...really does test one's spirit, doesn't it? As frustrating as it feels right now, it will be resolved...but please understand that I know what it is like to have to battle something like this when you feel you are on 'empty'...hope this works out and that you soon recover from this energy draining experience...big hugs, J
  5. pit

    pit Well-Known Member

    Sounds like a bunch of bureucratic BS. Get a lawyer and sue the IRS.
  6. ~Claire

    ~Claire Well-Known Member

    Hi Stranger,

    I'm not really in the best frame of mind to offer you support (sorry). But you are in my thoughts.

    Take care & stay safe xx
  7. gentlelady

    gentlelady Staff Alumni

    I am sorry to hear they did that to you. If you have proof that it was paid in full then you can fight it. I am not sure what a lawyer would cost and it may end up more than what the check was for. Many times you can find one that will at least tell you if it is wort pursuing or not and they won't charge for the intial meeting. You might also try talking to your daughter although I know things aren't going as you would like them to there either. Please don't give up. Your life is worth more than that. :hug:
  8. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    Thank you for your input, it hasn't fell on deaf ears, I just need time to think. I really want it to end. This isn't the first financial problem I have had lately. I over drew my bank account and with penalties I had to pay back $780. I don't know I just can't think straight right now. I don't see my therapist until next week. I don't see my doc until next month. I just can't get it to calm down. I took some sleep meds to try and go to sleep. They aren't helping I am to wound up.
    I can actually feel the blood raceing thru me. My blood pressure must be up. I have no idea where my paperwork from before is. We got flooded out a couple of years ago from a hurricane. I lost alot of my paperwork from the flood. This really sucks I have to start all over again. I don't look forward to trying to work with the woman on the other end. I sent her all the info I could come up with. Payroll records from my employer, Dept.of children and families, I sent her copies of them saying I was paid up infull 0.00 balance. it didn't matter what I sent she would tell me that I owed more. How does she figure that, my child support order was from Florida. and they discontinued my payments because my daughter was bouncing around from foster homes and facilities for troubeld children, they couldn't keep up with her so they deemed her as a uncontrollable child.
    I still want to strangle someone. I going to go My mind is all over the place.
  9. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    Well it is the next day and I still feel strongly about ending it. I have decided to call my therapist and tell her what is going on. I have to do something if I just sit here I will definitely end it.
    I can't beleive they have pulled this shit. I have got tax returns from before I had my breakdown. Hell I bought a house and when they ran a credit check on me it didn't show then either. aaaahhhhh I would pull my hair out but I don't have any.
    I don't know what to say. my thoughts are still all over the place...
  10. middleofnowhere

    middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

    Hey, Stranger. Why don't you follow the great advice and encouragement you give others? Use your coping skills. Use your support team. Try to move beyond the emotions you're feeling and ask yourself if it's really as bad as it seems. Don't give up.
  11. janie

    janie Well-Known Member

    Don't give up, you haven't finished the barn yet have you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.